Cleaning the cat box, uggg

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by montanachad, Oct 12, 2008.

1. montanachad macrumors regular

montanachad

Kitties may be cute, but when they do their duty, they're not so cute anymore.:eek:
    <rant>
    So anyways, while my girlfriend is pregnant I'm stuck cleaning the cat boxes, and I puke in the trash can every time. What sucks is the cats are not ours, but our roommates. Since they are too lazy, we clean up after the cats.
    </rant>

Anybody else here dread at the thought of cleaning the cat box?

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I hate cat's. :) And that is one of the reason's why.

3. deriko100 macrumors 6502

4. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I have two cats. No, three. They're worth more than their detracting points. I love mine dearly... It's a pity they're getting old now.

Cleaning the litter box isn't my favourite thing in the world, but when you have animals you have responsibility to take care of them. 'Course, in your case, they're not your cats in the first place. I'd sit down and talk to your roommates and lay it on the line.

5. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

Oh, just me, trying to be cute like the kitties.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sounds like the sleepy kittens are cleaner and more active than your roommates. :eek:

7. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

Oh yes! We are moving out soon, if not sooner. Last month, the electric wasn't paid even though it comes out of my rent money. They spent it on beer and cigarettes. So this month, 100% of my rent money went to the electric and they cried about it. They even had the audacity to borrow 50.00 from me for pot and beer and I subtracted it from the Comcast (ISP, Cable TV) bill for this month - it's their problem. See this is what happens when somebody sponges off the government (SSI) and becomes lazy. The kitties are actually cleaner and more active!:rolleyes:

I told my girlfriend there will be no freeloaders at our new house. We are getting only a two-bedroom trailer - that way there's only enough room for us and an additional roommate, which we will find on craigslist or elsewhere. Currently my roommates have their 20 year old daughter staying with us. She pays no rent, buys nothing for the house, but the world owes her nothing - she was dumb enough to leave a bank statement out which revealed that she had 5,500.00 in the bank and she works full-time! :(

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What kind of litter are you using? How much of it do you have, for how many cats, how often do you totally change it, and how often do you clean out the waste? Your litter box should have a faint odor of waste, but it shouldn't be terribly strong. I would consider myself fairly sensitive to nasty smells and I've never retched that I can remember cleaning the litter box.

9. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

We where using the crystal stuff in a purple bag with blue dots in it. Not to sure what it is called. I bought new kitty litter yesterday, it clumps and the visual of the poop-po, and smell, are easier on me.- it's called Fresh Step. There are four cats. I change it two or three times per week. Yes, I pay for the cat litter, the cat food, and have too change the cat box. If I complain, it doesn't help.

10. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Well, get ready for 9 whole months of it! Cat feces is dangerous for pregnant women and could be deadly to the baby, but I assume you know that since you are already doing it. :cool:

12. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

Yeah, I'll need to keep a trashcan nearby. My weakness. :D

13. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Be glad they make it into the litter box. Back at home I had a cat appropriately nick-named "Haus" that weighed 18 pounds at her peak. She was too big to crap inside the box :eek:

Cats are still great though :D

14. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

We have only two months to go! :D

In our new place there will be no cats. :D

We found a double wide on a half acre for 100,000!

15. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Wow that sucks. How close are you to them. If I were you I would start deducting $ from rent for their daughter. Plus $3 dollars for every time I cleaned the litter box.
    Better yet when it comes time to move, just skip out in the middle of the night. ;).

Why do you want to get another roommate? That is going to be very hard with having a new born baby. Your just going to have some stranger you find from craigslist, ugh.

Instead of shelling out 100,000 for a double wide trailer. Why not just get a small apartment, even a 1 bedroom if thing are $ tight. They can be had for pretty cheap.

That way, you and girlfriend and new baby can have some privacy and safety.
    Plus it being a 1 bedroom you wont have to worry about a roommate.

16. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ooooh, thats exciting. Congratulations and good luck!!! I can't wait to have a beeb. *glances furtively up at chrmjenkins* :eek:

17. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

Renting is about the same as paying a mortgage in this area of Thurston Co. WA. She has 20,000 for a down payment and her godmother is helping us out with negotiations and credit. Another plus of private land ownership is we have more freedoms and no landlord watching over us.

We may already have a roommate, who we know. But we'll see. Thanks for your suggestions.

18. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

19. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There are tonnes of videos up on youtube of cats using the (human) toilet. Perhaps it's worth finding out how it's done?

:p

20. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

Sounds to me like you have taken on the responsibility of the cats because you are concerned for their welfare. Can you really just walk away from them? I know I couldn't.

As for the smell, use a better quality litter and clean it every day. I have 2 cats and you would never know by the smell when you walk into my house. 2 dogs too, but that's another story.

Good luck with the new place!