Cleaning the Keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by prodigee, Oct 7, 2009.

1. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Ok so I have recently noticed that my keyboard gets really really oily, and I want to know how you guys clean your keyboards? Do you guys iKlear or should I just keep using rubbing alcohol? I mean the main reason I don't like rubbing alcohol that much is that the oils return so quickly.

Thanks,

-prodigee

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Why would iKlear make the oil return any slower?:confused: You can used watered down rubbing alcohol (I'm not so sure how strong alcohol does with aluminum). You could also use water :).

3. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

The only reason I say that iKlear is because I have heard it many times and thought I read some where that it was "anti-oil" but there must be something out there that can clean the keyboard really well.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just water and cloth should be fine. I clean the body of my Book with iKlear so I also use it for the keyboard.

5. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

iKlear is really the way to go on this solution. I've used their products to clean my iphone, macbook pro, and hdtv. I wouldn't trust anything else beside iKlear. It is used and recommended by apple, apple store, and it's associates.

6. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds like I will be making a trip to the Apple Store this weekend to pick up some iKlear.