Cleaning the Mac Fans question?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Squirrel11, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Squirrel11 macrumors newbie

Hullo! I've had my MacBookPro laptop for 2 years now. I've loved it. It's so fast. I've had no problems so far in owning one. I keep my laptop clean, and the screen is still nice and shiny. But I noticed my laptop DOES heat a little faster than it once did. I know it might be because I used it on my bed a lot. I didn't realize till later you shouldn't do that. But it still worked fine, but I think the fans have gotten dusty and I think a tiny piece of tissue or something got into one of the fan vents. It still works fine, but I want to clean the fans out.

I called Futureshop and they said buying a can of compressed air and spraying it into the fan will help. They said you DON'T actually need to unscrew the back to clean it, like I've seen many say.'

So can I just buy a can of compressed air and spray it into the air vents to shoot the dust out? Is it that simple?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Huh? You can use it any way you want. It's not going to hurt your computer to use it on your bed.

You can, but that blows a significant amount of dust into the innards of the machine. Popping off the bottom cover and dusting it out that way is better.