Cleaning the MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fugue, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Fugue macrumors 6502

I just got the 13 inch 2011 MBP from Microcenter and it had a few factory smudges that I wiped off the keyboard. They were tiny and appeared to look as the paste they used so it was no problem.

The lid, however, was harder to clean and still contains a tiny smudge that is visible only under direct sunlight. I do not want to drive 45min to replace the laptop so I want to clean it myself.

My question is this. What liquid solution and material can I use to effectively clean the MBP surface without damaging it?

One last question. How do I enable two finger click instead of actually clicking? I can enable one finger clicking in the settings but that isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Fugue thread starter macrumors 6502

That was no help. I have tried water to no avail.

The system preferences only allowed me to enable one finger click. How do I make it two?

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

The MAcbook Pro Screen can simply be cleaned with a microfiber cloth and some screen-cleaning liquid which you buy in any shop, i have used the cleaning liquid on the body of the laptop before (with a different mictorfiber cloth than the screen), and it has worked or you could use the magic eraser.

And are you refering to secondary tap?(see attached pic)

Attached Files: