Cleaning the MBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamin., Apr 22, 2008.

1. jamin. macrumors regular

Hey Guys

I'm loving my MBP, its been 2 months now..not one problem and still going strong.

However I am wiping down the machine with the black cloth, gets rid of the dust but I think I need something more. As there are finger prints and moisture marks.

How can I clean it up nice and shiny without buying some overpriced product to do so.

I'm sure theres a clean, safe, free effective way?

Share the ideas people!

Anyone else agree that the MBP is the perfect fingerprint DNA collector. It shows up fingerprints so well, which is a bad thing..hehe.

Regards

Jamin

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

If you have a lint-free cloth, just soak it with water, wring it out so it's just damp, and wipe down the surface of the MacBook Pro.

Used this method with my PowerBook for four years, and it still looked fantastic when I got rid of it. :)

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Rubbing alcohol works well (it dries quicker than plain water).

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Use a damp cloth to wipe it off and then a dry one to dry it. It works great, keeps all my aluminum looking like new.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

no to be a bummer but.....howwww many threads do we have on this. i would think a regular would know how to search, or would have seen the millions already posted.

my 2 cents: a mr. clean eraser + iKlear. works on everything..screen to keys to trackpad.