Cleaning the Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedWings, Jun 22, 2009.

1. RedWings macrumors regular

What are you all using to clean your screens?

I was thinking about distilled water + microfiber cloth. That is what I use on my matte screen laptops and my LCD/Plasma TVs.

I've tried the Monster Screen Clean stuff from Best Buy and it still leaves streaks on my TVs.

2. Smoothie macrumors 6502

If you're getting streaks from Monster Screen Clean, you may be using too much. You should also use a dry part of the micro fiber cloth at the end of the cleaning process. This removes any residue. I've been using this stuff on my TVs and computers for a few years, and it works really well.

3. RedWings thread starter macrumors regular

I tried it a million ways. Made sure the TV was cool also. A little moisture, a lot of moisture, the cloth that came with it, one of mine, etc....

Finally I just tried some distilled water + microfiber cloth and no streaks on the first try.

A lot cheaper than the monster stuff.

4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I'm sure it isn't recommended, but I use Windex and some paper towels for all my screens (computers, TVs), matte or glossy.

5. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

That made me cringe. The Windex is bad enough (will eventually haze any non-glass surface), but the paper towel is the kicker. It is abrasive, and will also scratch the surface and eventually haze.

6. RedWings thread starter macrumors regular

:eek:

7. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I'll try something else next time. I like the distilled water and microfiber cloth.

8. Pixellated macrumors 65816

iKlear and the cloth that came with my MacBook.

9. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Me.. I usually spray a little warm water too the microfibre cloth and wipe away any marks, usually it'll remove greasy finger smudges too!!

Damn those people who touch my screen, they should have their fingers amputated!