Cleaning the screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blancoBronco, Jul 30, 2009.

1. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

How do many of you clean the screen of your 3G S? I read somewhere that Apple didn't include a micro fiber cloth with the 3G S because it can damage the oleophobic screen.

2. actorkid macrumors 6502

LOL

a micro fiber cloth wouldnt damage the screen...they didn't include the cloth, i'm assuming, because: A) they wanted to cut costs. and B) the 3GS doesn't need to be cleaned BECAUSE of the oleophobic coating.

I don't know about you, but my iPhone cleans itself while it's in my pocket. Everytime i remove the phone from my pocket the screen looks like new.

the point of the oleophobic screen is so the screen is easily cleanable. Just one wipe on your shirt or pant leg and it should look good as new.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I clean my 3GS screen with iKlear, a microfiber cloth and a polishing cloth probably once a day, (first thing in the morning or just before bed).:cool:

4. actorkid macrumors 6502

i don't understand why you feel the need to do that...not trying to be a jerk...i seriously don't get it

i baby my phone, but because of the oleophobic layer, i've never once felt the need to clean the screen

5. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

A microfibre cloth, but it's very rare now.

On my old one I was cleaning it after every call. It looked disgusting.

The new screen looks smeary under very bright light but I haven't cleaned it in many days now.

6. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

I really don't think it is a good idea to use iKlear on the screen. A gentle wipe with a microfiber cloth will clean the screen just perfectly IMO.