Cleaning the sweaty watch / band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DanHarp, Mar 24, 2015.

1. DanHarp macrumors newbie

Hey MR,

I'm not currently a watch wearer, but I am definitely going to grab myself an :apple:Watch on pre-order.

I expect to wear it often while running / spinning / working out, and I find myself wondering:

- Will the watch face / band begin to smell bad?
    - Can / should it be cleaned? How?
    - Would it be a mistake to exercise with any band other than the Sport band?

I'm leaning towards modern buckle or leather loop, and I'm now considering getting a second band to avoid dealing with potential absorption of sweat. What do you guys think?

2. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Soap, water and an old toothbrush has always served me well on my collection of divers.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Defiantly use the sports band. Leather will soak up sweat. To clean the watch and sport band you can actually buy a mild disinfectant spray for watches

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple has stated that the leather bands aren't water resistant so you'd be wise not to wear them for exercising. You can always opt for the link bracelet if you don't feel like swapping out bands. It has a water resistance rating of IPX7 so easily washable.

5. dylman macrumors regular

dylman

I'll be using an ultrasonic bath in work to clean the Milanese loop, it should be ideal combined with a mild detergent solution.