Cleaning tip!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by BaddestArvai, Apr 5, 2014.

1. BaddestArvai macrumors regular

So, I have found the BEST way to clean any Mac laptop or desktop... ITS MAGIC ERASER!!! It seriously is magic. It took sharpie off of my Studio Display like a pro! Literally four swipes and GONE!!!

[​IMG]

And even more suprisingly, after a good 10 minuets of scrubbing, it took most of the sharpie off of the door of my G5!!! The sharpie was completely black and now you can barely see it in the top left corner! And even better, it does NOT affect the Aluminum! Looks the same as the rest!

[​IMG]

So if you are going to use this, make sure you use the original. Trust me. If you don't, you will scratch the crap out of the things you clean. I used a more heavy duty one on my car and it took off some clear coat...

[​IMG]

Anyways, I picked up a two pack at Walmart for $2. So its a great investment! I didn't even use any cleaner! Just water! Thought I would share since I am so impressed! :D

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Nice! Yeah, the Magic Eraser has been suggested a few times for cleaning around here so your experience just confirms that. Looking good!

3. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

Yea those things are amazing, my wife loves them..

4. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Haha, there were a lot of TV comercials in the 90ies in Germany. Here they market it under the name "Meister Proper". :D Brings back TV memories. Didn't know it is Mr. Clean in the US. You learn something new everyday.

I wonder, if a rubber like kids use in school would have the same effect on black scratches.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Meister Proper wäscht so sauber, dass man sich drin spiegeln kann.
    Meister Proper!

6. yangdh macrumors member

Really? Too much exaggeration like ads words.;)

7. tampasteve macrumors 6502

Great tip, those things are wonderful for cleaning almost anything. Check out iBook guy's youtube video on cleaning yellowed plastics if you need to clean any old plastic that has faded/yellowed over time. It is amazing too.