Cleaning up Document Folder?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Skyhook1, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Skyhook1 macrumors newbie

I have an iMac, running Mac OS 10.10. How do I go about cleaning out my Document Folder. Probably a simple process, but I'm having a difficult time figuring it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I think I'm misunderstanding your question. Are you asking for ideas on the best way to organize your documents in folders?

Bryan

3. chabig macrumors 68040

Organize documents by subject/date/project etc, and create folders. Then drag and drop the documents into those folders the same way you would you organize the same documents in a physical file cabinet.

4. Skyhook1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cleaning "UP" is the operative word I should have used and I equate that to
    organizing the document folder. Thanks for the replies.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Ok. My suggestion is to place things inside folders and label the folders in a way that makes sense to you. Just like file folders in a file cabinet. You can also make folders within a folder to further organize from there. (Highly recommended if you have more than 5-10 things in a folder.)

As you organize, don't be afraid to make changes as new needs arise. It takes a little time at first, but once you get things organized, you'll be so thankful you put the effort into doing so.

Hope this helps and best of luck,
    Bryan

6. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Organise how ever it makes sense to you. Create folders for project, or by year, or by some other kind of category. Without knowing anything about what is in your documents folder this is an impossible question to answer.