Cleaning Up MBP Apps (IP Backup)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blujelly, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Sep 2, 2012
    South East England
    Hi all,

I think i saw something similar to this the other day, but for the life of me i can't find it.

I wanted to have a clear up of all the apps downloaded from my iOS devices that are sitting on my MBP, I was going to go through them but then i really couldn't be bothered (possible rookie move).

I thought it would be best just to delete them all from my MBP, then when i back up my iOS devices it would transfer over what is on them, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I thought i saw something the other day where someone had said that you don't need them on your MBP anymore, and that it doesn't actually transfer them over. To be fair i did glance through the thread i was reading so I'm 100% sure that i've missed out something.

Any ideas on how i can get them back as syncing and backing up my iOS devices on MBP isn't working.
  2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Mar 14, 2008
    It doesn't transfer apps themselves, just the data needed for them such as (for games) high score, screen name and such. They barely take up any space at all.