Cleaning up video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Platonist, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Platonist macrumors member

Platonist

Hello All,

I am in need of a program that will help me clean up an old video. It was originally an old VHS tape that has now been converted to DVD. There is some graininess and lines that would be nice to get rid of, if possible. I don't do much video work so I don't know if I need to get professional software or if there are cheaper (and easier to use) choices out there. I may have to do this every once in a while, but I don't make a living at it so I would like to keep the investment as "efficient" as possible (note: hardware should be no issue, as I have a Mac Pro).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. Platonist thread starter macrumors member

Platonist

Surely there are at least a few people who could speak to this... Anyone willing to help a newbie out?

3. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Well Final Cut Express mabye could do this. And can I ask what do you use your Mac Pro.

4. Platonist thread starter macrumors member

Platonist

Of course you may ask... :D

I do a lot of academic writing, some desktop publishing, some layout work, I tinker with photos, and then the usuals (email, web, etc.). None of these things really require a Mac Pro, but because I use a dual monitor set up and I only get one computer every 5 years or so I get the most powerful computer I can when I do buy. I upgrade things along the way as well. I have been manipulating more video lately (in an academic environment) but this is the first time I have had to clean up any video, so any and all advice regarding software is greatly appreciated!!!

As a side, why do ask about the Pro? Are you interested in one?

5. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Na I don't have any money I was just wondering.