Cleaning Watch Band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by aliensporebomb, May 16, 2017.

1. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

I received one of those apple silicone watch bands in red some time back and it's pretty obvious that time, sweat and sunlight that the band looks kind of discolored or dirty.

My black band it's no issue. The red one - I could post a picture showing that the edges that were away from my skin look noticeably brighter and cleaner.

I'm wondering what the best way to clean this band is to make it look more like it was when it was new.

Ideas? Beuller? Beuller?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The flueroastamer bands are fairly durable and they clean up rather easily. I always have used warm, soapy water and that has worked in most of my cases. Otherwise, a small amount of rubbing alcohol mixed with warm Water would work as well.

Another forum member has even used a Magic Eraser, which removed paint for stubborn stains.

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Clean it how every you want. It is made of Fluoroelastomer and it is almost indestructible. In 200 years someone could dig up your band from a landfill scrub it off and get it to look just like it did new.

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I wash whatever band I want to wash while I am washing my hands with hand soap. Works great.

5. PeterJH3 macrumors regular

PeterJH3

I recently use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (or use a generic brand). No issues and all my bands cleaned up nicely.

6. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

But mine can’t last 2 weeks without the finish coming off. Ha ha ha.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Was this a problem with only some of the bands? I know my 3rd party bands I got on Amazon did this in two weeks but my Apple bands are near perfect after 3+ months. My Nike band is showing some wear where the band connects (not visible) after 3+ months.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Generally, it’s the third-party plastic bands off Amazon as you said, its because they are actually not made of flueroastamer like Apple’s Watch sport bands are. I own both third-party sport bands off Amazon and Apples OEM sport bands, and even though they look alike, the quality and texture of the material with a third-party band is immediately noticeable it’s not the same as Apple sport bands.

9. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

This - exactly. My Apple Fog band that came with my watch is flawless and my Nike band is near flawless even after 3+ months of heavy usage. None of the third-party bands have lasted me very long - resulted in burning sensations, peeling, etc... I'm never going to order another one of those ever again. lol.

Yeah, the Apple bands look nice and don't attract lint - while the Amazon ones do.

I wasted $35+ on third party bands. The $49 I spent on the Nike band was the best band purchase I've done yet. :p