Cleaning White iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShivneelSingh, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ShivneelSingh macrumors member

Hi, so I have the white iPhone 4 and needed some advice on cleaning it.
    There is really no dirt on the glass but some dirt has built up in between the plastic bezel and glass... I've tried EVERYTHING to try to clean that dirt but the dirt is lodged right in between the glass and plastic bezel.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible to clean it somehow? My iPhone is starting to look really dirt already... ;(

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Can you post pictures of it please? I'm thinking about getting a white version for the iPhone 5 and I'd like to see exactly what your talking about.

P.S. if the OP can't post pics can someone else post pictures of their white iPhone getting dirty?

3. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Buy iKlear from the Apple Store, works wonders :)

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I use that stuff to clean all my electronics. It really works.

5. Cingular macrumors regular

get a piece of paper or candy wrapper that is thin and try to get the dirt out

6. ShivneelSingh thread starter macrumors member

I'll post some pictures of the dirt as soon as I get out my camera, it's really annoying but the phone is still a BEAUTIFUL device ,and I'm absolutely going to buy a white iPhone 5! :D

Is it OK to use it on the oleophobic iPhone screen? I'm just scared it might wipe off the coating...
    Is it OK to use on my Macbook screen and iMac screen?

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It's okay.

http://www.klearscreen.com/

8. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Yes it is very safe to use on all of your Apple stuff and electronics, I use it to clean everything on my MBP, the screen, the keyboard, everything!

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I had loads of dirt build up in my volume rocker. My (very cheap) solution was to take a cotton bud, slightly dampen one end and push where the dirt was. Then take the dry end to dry any water that may have been left by the damp end.

As long as you only make the end damp, not sopping wet, it should all be fine :)