Cleaning with the Magic Eraser

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
I've searched through this forum and google and i've seen that many people like using the magic eraser to clean their macbook's.

I was just wondering if using it on my whitebooks trackpad would be safe? since i've tried many things so far and my trackpad still works fine, it's just a bit yellowish :(

I've read that some people have used it on their trackpads, but i've also read that it's not a good idea. I'm unsure so i just wanted to clear things up hehe.

Camoischaos

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2008
Southern California
When you find out please be sure to report back to us to let us know. Because I use the magic eraser as well but stay away from the trackpad. However i dont know how yours is turning yellow. Mine still looks new and is over a year old.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I use Magic Eraser on my black MacBook. I have the trackpad covered with protective film, so it never has been an issue. I can't imagine it would be a problem, but it doesn't hurt to check.

eman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
In the great white north
I've used the magic eraser on many trackpads. After cleaning the trackpad, it will make the trackpad a little rough and your finger will not slide as easy.
Also, I don't clean the trackpad hard (only very lightly), you could and can take off all the top layer of color.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
I've used the magic eraser on many trackpads. After cleaning the trackpad, it will make the trackpad a little rough and your finger will not slide as easy.
Also, I don't clean the trackpad hard (only very lightly), you could and can take off all the top layer of color.
hmm

i think i'll have to try it and see what happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.