Cleaning your mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michial, Oct 15, 2010.

1. michial macrumors 6502

michial

Just got a mbp a couple of days ago and have no intentions of taking it back even if there is a new announcement next week. I love my new core i5 mbp.

Anyhow, what is the best way to clean the unibody aluminum, and the screen?

I have some monster tv plasma screen(glass) cleaner. Is that ok. What do you suggest and what works for you? thanks

2. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

I use iKlear. Although the solution ran out i just filled the spray bottle with some water and the microfiber cloth works perfectly.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

imo ... the monster cleaner sprayed onto a micro fibre cloth will work fine ... when that runs out, buy another comparable cleaner. I would not use water.

water and a MBP just do not go well together ... why risk your new MBP

water does not evaporate like plasma/LCD cleaners.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Buy a can of monitor wipes for the screen. They'll also work fine on the body, or you could use a dry cloth. I wouldn't use paper.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Use nothing else but iKlear (Apple Recommended) and a Microfiber (that can be had in an iKlear cleaning kit).

6. Waldszenen macrumors member

I've never gotten any stains on mine so I've just been using the black cloth that comes with it to clean off dust from the screen and keyboard/body.

Whatever you do, don't get sneeze stains on the screen, they're hard to remove... better to sneeze on the person next to you. :)

7. movieboy23 macrumors regular

+1 for iKlear and a microfiber cloth. Simple, yet effective. And you can use the iKlear to clean anything, from the trackpad to the screen to the top case to the keyboard.

If you're OCD and want to clean off any finger oils from the trackpad, use a slightly damp magic eraser and all the oils will disappear.

8. mac8867 macrumors 6502

LOL... and that's why I always work on my MBP wearing a sterile mask... you never know when you might be carrying a virus. :eek:

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

Forget all the gimmicks, a quality, soft, lint-free cloth (like what you would use to clean eye glasses) or microfiber dampened with a little water will work phenomenally all over the machine. Been doing it for years and my machines are flawless.