Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
Apparently when I installed my Zagg, the back wasn't quite flush with the edges. As such, the back has started peeling off (from putting it in and out of my pocket so much) and now there's lint on the inside of it. Is there any way to clean it off completely, or am I better off just spending $15 on a new back?

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
Apparently when I installed my Zagg, the back wasn't quite flush with the edges. As such, the back has started peeling off (from putting it in and out of my pocket so much) and now there's lint on the inside of it. Is there any way to clean it off completely, or am I better off just spending $15 on a new back?

Peel it off and put it in some soapy warm water and rub the lint off. Then reapply but make sure you use new soapy water to apply.

siuperman

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Have you registered your invisibleshield online on their website? I'm pretty sure that you can request a free replacement; you'll just have to pay for shipping and ship them back your old shield once you get the new one.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
If you just placed the Invisible Shield on recently, you can peel it off and just rub the shield under water with some liquid hand soap as someone else stated. If the shield has been on for a couple of days, then it might have already cured which will cause the shield to stretch if you attempt to remove it.

To make more of the spray that they package with the Invisible Shield, just add a small drop of liquid hand soap to the tiny spray bottle and fill the rest with water, then just shake it.

If anything, Invisible Shield offers lifetime warranty, so you can always send your pieces in for a new shield, but this will take a lot longer.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010

my IS on the back of my iphone slid down a good quarter inch one day while in my pocket. I decided to send it back and get my money back. It's good protection, but I didn't like the orange peel and it is amazing how much clearer the screen looked to me after I took it off.

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
If you just placed the Invisible Shield on recently, you can peel it off and just rub the shield under water with some liquid hand soap as someone else stated. If the shield has been on for a couple of days, then it might have already cured which will cause the shield to stretch if you attempt to remove it.

To make more of the spray that they package with the Invisible Shield, just add a small drop of liquid hand soap to the tiny spray bottle and fill the rest with water, then just shake it.

If anything, Invisible Shield offers lifetime warranty, so you can always send your pieces in for a new shield, but this will take a lot longer.

I think I got it almost a month ago...I'll try taking it off and cleaning it. If that doesn't work, I'll send it in. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.