cleanup space? / Why so much taken up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by freeballer, Jun 15, 2008.

1. freeballer macrumors newbie

I installed the jailbreak for it from zipphone and is working fairly well.. I say fairly cause of prior issues installing stuff. I'm trying to install zodplay and getting a failed installation. (white screen and return to menu screen). I check the menus and nothing was installed. I checked disk space and there's 1mb left now of 300mb. I know that's not alot of space to begin with but jeesh. I have 6 programs installed using installer.app; bossprefs, nemusync, colloguy, pdfviewer, rss, terminal and aplogger as well as lighthttpd and proftpd and their bosspref plugins...

To me it doesn't look right since every program I've checked is less than 1mb each and there ain't many to begin with. Is there cleanup programs made for it? Or how about removing localizations like in osx?

please help
    Freeballer

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

uninstall a couple apps that you can bear to part with (to free up space for this app) then install bosstool and click on relocate fonts that will free up a fair bit of the 300mb that the apps get installed too