iPad Clear back for iPad Air 2 the UK

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by purpleparrotuk, Nov 14, 2014.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Hello. I am looking for a clear case for the back of my gold iPad Air 2. All we seem to get here that will fit with a Smart Cover is the Boxwave on Amazon and it will take nearly a month to be delivered. Guess it is coming from the USA. Anyhow can't anyone else suggest an alternative. I have been searching for a few weeks now.

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've been looking for the same thing and apart from the Boxwave you mention I don't think there are any other options here in the UK yet. In the US there are the Luvvitt and KayCase but as far as I'm aware they aren't available in the UK. I want one to use with my Apple Smart Cover.

3. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I picked up a cheap case off eBay for £6 delivered. It has a clear see through back and attached game leather cover. The covers comes in different colours. It was just a cheap short term option but I actually quite like it because it is so thin and light.

4. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. Does it work with the smart cover. Got the item number?

5. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

It has a cover attached so wouldn't work with the official smart cover.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

I ordered the clear one by Boxwave on Amazon yesterday. I had mistakenly ordered their frost clear one but luckily it hadn't shipped. The earliest the clear one will arrive is the 26th and possibly later. It looks like it ships from the U.S. and the use the cheapest slowest delivery option.

7. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats the one I was going to order but was vexed to find it comes to nearly £20 with delivery when the non smart cover version is only£6 plus delivery. Both from boxwave themselves. Don't know why it's so much just for a cut out.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I agree with you but it's the only option I can find in the UK at the moment. Mine came to just over £17 with shipping. It's better then having no protection on the back of the iPad. I don't want to use a folio case for two reasons. Firstly it adds more bulk and weight. Secondly you can detach the cover when not needed.

At least with this option used in conjunction with the Smart Cover you can. I'm just going to have to be extra careful until it arrives. I was hoping companies like Speck, Incipio and Belkin would have something similar by now like they did with previous iPads.

9. JulianLyle macrumors newbie

I also want a back cover to go with my red Smart Cover, I think I'll wait until PowerSupport starts selling their Air jackets. I'm using an Acme Made Sleeve in the meantime.

10. turbohatq macrumors newbie

waiting...

Waiting for something like the Belkin Snapshield. Hate the TPU material. Sad that my day1 Air2 is still in a zipped sleeve waiting for a nice back cover.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

According to another thread they have said they won't be releasing them until after the holidays which I suspect means sometime next year. I'll use the BoxWave one until something better becomes available. I'm going to have to wait a while before it arrives. In the mean time I'm using a combination of the Smart Cover and a Vaja leather sleeve I had originally got when I had my iPad 3. The iPad Air 2 with Smart Cover fits pretty well in their.

12. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

I want a Belkin snapshield too. In very surprised there isn't much around yet.

13. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi donka. Do you have the item number for the clear back one?

14. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Sure, this is the one I picked up: 351209295967