Clear Case for JB 7+ that doesn't produce weird effect on back

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joydens, Oct 4, 2016.

1. joydens macrumors member

Son got his JB 7+ yesterday and he has put a clear case on it. But I see that where the case touches the back of the phone it produces a weird effect like there was water between the case and the phone back.

I'm sure I saw something about that effect being reported by others a week or 2 back but now for the life of me I cannot find the thread.

Can anyone suggest a clear case for the JB 7+ please that doesn't produce this affect?

2. gtg465x, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016

gtg465x macrumors regular

gtg465x

Oddly enough, the cheap Best Buy branded (Insignia?) clear cases should prevent the water effect as they have these tiny "micro dots" on the inside to keep the back from sticking.

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Ringke Air? That one also has a micro pattern on the inside that should help eliminate the "water effect".

4. joydens thread starter macrumors member

5. exchguy macrumors member

Would like to see pics. I have this on its way. Some other reviewers have said that camera protection on the back is a bit of an issue.
    I currently have the Speck Presidio clear that I am looking to return due to extremely tight fit and being opaque not clear. I haven't heard of any of the major case makers like Otterbox, Tech21 that has a decent Clear case for JB 7+ yet. Reviewers say Tech21 clear discolors and Otterbox Symmetry is also Opaque not clear.

6. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

Is the Spigen case a good one? I'd love to see some pics... I already ordered two random clear cases from amazon with both not working well with the jet black plus and causing major mark on back which was annoying. I'm looking for something thin and clean. Seems to be sold out on amazon too.