Clear case for the iPhone 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JayX2a, Jan 20, 2014.

1. JayX2a macrumors newbie

After a clear minimal case for the 5C, ideally protection for all 4 sides so it rules out any snap type cases.

I have been looking at:

Luvvitt clear (although struggling to find in UK)
    Speck Gemshell
    Power Support Air Jacket

I imagine the Speck to be the biggest of them all, but there are no phone shops around my area that sell these cases so will be an online order.

Spigen have the ultra Hybrid in clear/clear on their website, but imagine this may be quite bulky and again cant find in the UK.

Any user reviews and pics would be greatly appreciated.

2. AE14 macrumors 65816

My daughter has a blue iphone c with a casemate naked tough. Decent protection, but you can really get a good feel of the phone with it on.

3. JayX2a thread starter macrumors newbie

Think that may be a bit bulky for what I am after.

Leaves the speck and air jacket I think as cant find Luvvitt in UK, although I can order from the US on ebay.

Did find a few others like the Spigen Air, but a little concerned about the top and bottom being exposed. Not sure if thats a major problem on the 5C though.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502a

I just got a Caudabe Veil for a secondary 5c that I use. http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5c-accessories

It covers every side except the bottom (which I'm fine with, although partly because the 5c is my secondary phone) and is super thin. Also provides a nice matte-like grip. This is all the case that IMO is necessary for a plastic phone. The plastic itself on the phone seems fairly sturdy.

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5c-accessories

6. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

It's made of plastic. Do you really need a case for it?

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

People had cases on the 3G/3GS and on their Androids. What's your point?

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Spigen Ultra Hybrid is very slim. I have it for the 5s in black but purchased the clear for a friend. I compared the Belkin clear case which sells in the Apple store to my Spigen case and the Spigen was a bit smaller.

I know I don't have it for the 5c but I'm guessing the fit would be equal to having no case. It gives you a nice rubber grip around your phone. The only thing that I've noticed so far is that you get some dust around the flash.

The Black Ultra Hybrid would look nice. It will show less wear and tear on the case.

http://www.spigen.co.uk

9. JayX2a thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all. Will look in to all the above. The ultra hybrid comes in clear/clear but not in UK YET. I think I do want a case looking at the state of the backs of the 5c's in the apple shop.

10. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

I purchased the Ultra Hybrid for my 5s and one for my wifes Green 5c. She at first was thinking about getting the clear/clear, but decided to get the black/clear because she like the black bumper better.

She loves it on her Green 5c. I must say 2 things about it. The case is squared off in the back like the 5s version so it DOES take your rounded 5c and turn it flat like the 5s. It also is a little bit thicker than the 5s version because of it doing this. The last thing is, the 5c version comes with a screen protector for the back of the phone, that you have to put on so you don't get the rainbow effect from the plastic on the back of the phone and the clear plastic back on the case.

Overall like I said she loves it, and it looks great, but those are the 3 things to keep in mind.

11. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Does the back scratch easily? I saw a bunch of Amazon reviews commenting that the back was completely scratched up after some time. I tend not to get those glossy backed cases for that reason.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I wouldn't worry about the scratches as long as it protects the case. They are barely noticeable. The case looks nice and cushions any drops. But I have to say for $10 it's the best looking case I've ever seen. I made a couple templates which gives me a different look each day. The clear is cool too.