Clear Case Please

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vito, Nov 13, 2013.

1. vito macrumors 6502a

Wonder if someone can please help, looking for a slim clear case which protects the phone all the way around, found a few that I like such as the Nude but the bottom is exposed.

So far it's either the Powersupport Air Jacket or Luvvitt Clearview

Many thanks :D

2. Bowsa2511 macrumors regular

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWDY8S0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one's pretty good, it's protective on the front with a lip to allow laying down the phone, and it's protective on the bottom too, and the blend of the solid white in the front, with the clear back goes perfect with the Gold 5S if that's what you're going for. The only con is that the back gets micro scratches easily, so i've been using this while I wait for Caudabe to restock the Veil.

3. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I really like my Powersupport Air Jacket on my gold iPhone 5s. Very nicely made, and good coverage. Being hard plastic, it is going to scratch a little, but scratches on the case do not show up nearly as much with a white color behind the case as compared to black (clear case on black, for example). Really looks great on the white/gold phone.

4. Hobbit6003 macrumors member

I have both the Powersupport Air Jacket and the Luvvitt Clearview, and I must say both have their pros and cons.

The air jacket looks the more elegant of the two, the clear hard plastic looking crystal clear. However, it doesn't have a raised rim surrounding the phone, which acts to protect the phone screen from being scratched should one rest the phone face down. It has also a black ring around the opening for flash, which IMO, spoils the look of the clear case. The case is also smooth and can be abit slippery.

The Luvvitt, on the other hand, is a hybrid case. The back is hard plastic but it's sides are made of rubberised material. The back is not as crystal clear than the air jacket, but it doesn't have the black rim around the flash opening. The sides are not slippery and hence easier to grip on. It has, however, a Luvvitt word embossed on one of its side. The rim is raised so that it protects the phone screen when you rest it face down. The clear rubberised sides look prone to turning yellow, but I have not had it long enough to find out. The bottom is also protected.

There you go, both cases have their strength and weakness. :)

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I'm currently using the newly released Spigen Crystal Shell case and it's amazing. Protects every part of the iPhone including the top and bottom. Feels like glass, it's really slim and it's clear :) Much better than SwitchEasy's NUDE case for sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. vito thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks everyone! Nearly forgot about this thread. Waiting for Black Friday before I nab a case or two :D

Thanks, they sell it here in the UK too via Amazon, the contrast with the white front and clear black is nice. I have had a good look at Caudabe Veil, can't wait till it comes in stock again. Hope it's soon!

The Powersupport Air Jacket really does tick all the boxes for me. I suppose most if not all clear polycarbonate cases suffer from some form of scratching.

Ah, many thanks for pointing out that there is no raised lip with the Powersupport. I do leave it on the desk face down sometimes. Yep, the black around the camera whilst not a major concern for me does distract from the overall design.

The Luvvitt from what I've read has really surprised me and you've just confirmed that it's a great overall case for the Gold 5S in my case. Having some grip on the side will help especially as I've had some near misses in the past :D

Thanks for the review.

Gorgeous! Waiting for stock :(

----------

Really love your site, often drop by to read reviews and grab some wallpapers.

The spigen is a winner for me, waiting for stock. Can we expect a full review :D

Thanks for the write up on the Spigen Ultra Hybrid iPhone 5s, my sister loves it

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Yup, several good choices on this thread! I like (and own) the two Spigens and the Powersupport. Personally, I like the way the corners of the Powersupport wrap around the edges. Nice fit!

In any case I am really happy that scratches/scuffs on a clear case really do not show up against a light background like the gold or white. (As compared to scratches on a clear case showing up against my older black iPhone 5)

8. Enforce macrumors regular

Enforce

you may wish to consider this SenV ten CLEAR case :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. JonMPLS, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I was using the Powersupport Air Jacked for a while, but now I noticed that the bezel the phone has picked up a lot of small scratches. I assume from movement and dust or something. Any comment on the Spigen Cyrstal Shell in this regard? Thanks!

10. aham23 macrumors regular

how is the drop protection with the powersupport or spigen? one thing i really like with the speck candyshell line is the slim design matched with excellent dropsie protection. i speak from experience on that.

anyway, i have a new 5c, want a clear case, but since it is for a "kid" i need some simillar drop protection to the candyshell. much thanks.

11. iaymnu macrumors 6502

I'm using the Powersupport case. It already has scratches on the back. Not a problem. One thing that bothers me is that all crystal cases crack on the 4 corners. The cut out for the ear plug is sharp. It looks like it can get caught on things. I'm just waiting to see how long this will last.

I have a luvvitt coming tomorrow. Hopefully the corners will hold and I'm not so worried about the yellowing.

12. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

oAny suggestions on a clear case that will also be resistant to drops?
    I run with my phone with the fear of dropping it, but want also something classy?

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

I keep coming back to my clear Luvvitt. I dislike the logo on the side. But I'm remaining with it until the Claude Veil get's their act together. But so far, Luvvitt is clear, corners are nice and the sides are grippy. To the extent that I sent back other, different and opaque cases, because of how slippery they were in comparison to the Luvvitt.

14. iaymnu macrumors 6502

My Luvvitt came today. I must say the fit is tight. When first put it along the 5s I thought it was not going to fit. But once on. It's a perfect fit. No gaps no flexes nothing. It is much better than the Powersupport.

Nice grippy feel. The back is crystal clear and not sure how long until it scratches. The logo is not as bad as I thought it would be.
    This is a great case. I'm done finishing looking for a clear case. This is "the" case.