Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravox

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
The last iphone that i used a clear case was iphone 7 after using for a year noticed several scraches ot the back aluminum body due to dust that trapped inside the case , since them started to use Apple cases (leather and silicone) and maybe because those cases has some microfiber protection inside never had any problem with scratches... now im planning to go back to clear cases what is the situation with those cases now ? they can still hold dust inside and scratches the phone like before? And what is the best clear case for 12 Pro Max?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So far, as I read over countless reviews for countless brands, it’s become apparent there’s been a particular challenge for case manufacturers this year in terms of getting the proper fit for all models but especially the 12 Pro Max.

I had a defective clear case put a nasty small scratch into the side of my daughter’s 12 Pro. So I would advise you to wait a month or two for the manufactures to make the necessary corrections. When the fit is right, I’ve had good luck with hard clear polycarbonate cases in the past like caudabe lucid clear.

After what happened to my daughter’s phone I am going to stick to clear soft TPU sides with clear backs. But I may go for an Apple silicone or leather this time.

Reactions: Ravox and Mr.C

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
So far, as I read over countless reviews for countless brands, it’s become apparent there’s been a particular challenge for case manufacturers this year in terms of getting the proper fit for all models but especially the 12 Pro Max.

I had a defective clear case put a nasty small scratch into the side of my daughter’s 12 Pro. So I would advise you to wait a month or two for the manufactures to make the necessary corrections. When the fit is right, I’ve had good luck with hard clear polycarbonate cases in the past like caudabe lucid clear.

After what happened to my daughter’s phone I am going to stick to clear soft TPU sides with clear backs. But I may go for an Apple silicone or leather this time.
Doesn’t TPU scratch too if dust/dirt gets in between case and phone?

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
You put dust in between almost any two surfaces, and rubbing is going to happen, resulting in scratches on the metal. And good luck trying to keep dust out. It's almost always going to be a trade-off.

Reactions: Ravox
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.