Clear Cases

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I know there is a accessories subforum, but there's more talk on the X on this...

Who's planning to run a clear case ;-)
Kinda reminds me of a throwback circa early 2000's where the clear cases was all the rage of external HD enclosures, if ya'll remember those days

I've got a leather one and am considering a clear one just to show off the silver/white ;-)

lordhamster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
I ordered a cheap clear case for both my wife and I so we at least have something to protect the phone till we find the ideal case.

I’m not normally a case guy, but iPhones are so damned slippery + I like having something to raise the camera off the table. Not a fan of laying my camera glass directly onto surfaces.

greentoo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the crystal clear ultra hybrid spigen case for my silver iPhone X. It arrived and it really is crystal clear which is good because I want to be able to see the back of my phone. I’m hoping it doesn’t yellow over time.

python0704

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2015
I always use clear case. But it does get yellow over time especially the soft bumper part. So I got a spigen case with clear back but black bumper to pair with my space grey X.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Debating between Otter and a new brand to me that is on amaz - Patchworks

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I received my Otterbox Symmetry Clear Case. So far, I like the look and design of the case. It feels substantial, unlike the cheap ones that can be bought in eBay. The sides have a matte or frost finish which is part hard plastic and tpu. I like this given that it won't yellow like the other TPU clear cases.