Clear Casing that won't yellow ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blackbirdz, Oct 31, 2018.

1. blackbirdz macrumors member

Is there any crystal clear casing for iPhone Xr that will NOT yellow? In the past (2013/2014), I purchased Spigen for my iPhone 6. I love it, but the casing get yellow overtime coming to the point it looks "yucky" and you don't want to touch it anymore. Now I wonder if there is any clear casing for iPhone Xr that will not get yellow.

2. Garemlin Suspended

Garemlin

Should have posted this in the accessories section.

But anyway all clear TPU cases will yellow or get brownish over time. It is the nature of the material absorbing the oils in your skin and environmental dust and dirt. You could alway opt for a smoke clear which would not show discoloration as easily.

3. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Look to the brand "Ringke", especially the "Fusion" line of cases they have. I have a case from an old iPhone 6s from them that still hasn't yellowed to date. I think it will be random if it will yellow or not, but I have had luck with clear cases with dark colors along the sides for the grip.

4. Caspavio macrumors regular

Caspavio

there is no solution to this. the plastic turn yellow due to aging. to delay the yellowing process, you can try to avoid like direct sunlight and stuff. but it's isnt very feasible, so my suggestion will be to go for cheaper cases and change whenever they turn yellow.

5. NorthSeaBeach macrumors 6502

42930BD7-41A0-4E90-8B67-C68F2A4A19E4.jpeg
    I got a Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case for €20. Pretty cheap. Looks great and is not slippery. I’ll just order a new one if it starts to turn yellow.

6. chanerz macrumors 65816

7. doboy macrumors 68020

Just buy a cheap one and replace frequently. You can get clear cases for $2-3 on sale from time to time. Alternatively, get a yellow XR like me ;)