Clear Coat protection question.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mgmusicman94, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, as some of you know, I already have a bumper on my iPhone. I'm going to the mall tonight to get a clear coat put on for me (I never put on shields right). Theres a kiosk right in front of the Apple store. I think this applies for all shields but after the shield is on, does the screen still feel sleek like glass or does it feel rubbery and cheap? Thanks in advance.

2. ApplEngineer macrumors regular

Did you have the clear coat installed? Could you post some pics and a quick review? Thanks

3. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I had a clear-coat installed on my 3GS. It's better than the other skins in my opinion. Not as sticky as the others. Just enough stickiness to give the device some grip. And no orange peel effect. I plan on having on installed on my 4 when I get a chance. Same deal, kiosk at one of my local malls. Well worth the $10 for someone to professionally install it.

4. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I was thinking about getting a bumper and the clear-coat last Monday. But when I got to the Mall, the Apple store was still sold out of bumpers and the Clear-Coat Kiosk had evaporated. Guess I be waiting for powersupport.

This was in Delaware.

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Wow. There's a clear coat kiosk in the King of Prussia mall.

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Yep, upstairs near Sears and there is a Zagg kiosk right near the Apple store.

7. Martidoll macrumors newbie

Clear Coat kiosk in Delaware (Christiana Mall) still there...

I just got my clear coat put on yesterday right outside the Apple store in Christiana Mall. They did move the Apple Store and I assume the kiosk moved with it. it is down near the new H&M store now.

I love it so far. It is a bit stickier feeling than I thought but it looks really great (can't really tell it is on there). It feels so much safer in my hands now though.

I am already getting used to the texture. The guy applying it at the DE Kiosk is really good and takes his time. he started on mine and it wasn't laying right so he started over again just to make it right. Kudos to them. We also got my husband's Touch done (just the face on his) and that was a great job too!Go back to Christiana for the clear coat, Chaos123x. :)

PS Apple store was still out of bumpers as of yesterday. There were plenty on the wall when I got my iphone on Sat but they have been gone since then. I got a Griffin Reveal for now. It is sufficient for my needs!