Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TigerMe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Running DP4 and ClearDay (weather app) crashes after about 15 seconds. Been happening since Beta 3 as well. Are others seeing this?

Gauranga-caran

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Indeed. Thats what i received from the author.

Hi,

We are very sorry for this issue, and will have it fixed soon in our next update.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Running DP4 and ClearDay (weather app) crashes after about 15 seconds. Been happening since Beta 3 as well. Are others seeing this?

You posted about this in another thread, and the responses still apply.

Mavericks is still in beta, and apps have not been updated to support it yet. Therefore, it's expected that any and all apps can experience issues, including crashing or not opening at all.

TigerMe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Not helpful

Do me a favor - if you don't have something helpful to say, keep it shut.

You posted about this in another thread, and the responses still apply.

Mavericks is still in beta, and apps have not been updated to support it yet. Therefore, it's expected that any and all apps can experience issues, including crashing or not opening at all.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA

That was actually a very helpful post. Mavericks (and iOS 7) are both in beta so that developers can update their apps to work with the new operating systems. If apps that are necessary to your daily usage don't work, I would suggest downgrading. If you aren't a developer, you should't technically be running Mavericks anyway, but if you are, you need to accept that fact that there are going to be trade offs all the way up to the public release. Developers sometimes only have a few people working on an app, sometimes it's one person, so they can't debug and add new features in the time of a few developer preview versions. There is a reason that they are called "developer" previews.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

How about, if you're not intelligent enough to use beta software, don't use it. Pretty simple, huh?

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean you're going to get a better one.

Have fun with your crashing app.

Last edited:

TigerMe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Hmmm

These forums exist to talk about problems, not to have you running around being a rent-a-cop.

For the record I was able to workaround the problem. And because the appropriate thing to do is to SHARE with other users I'll do that here.

Uninstall the app, reinstall, reconfigure - and that should get it working again.

Safe travels.

How about, if you're not intelligent enough to use beta software, don't use it. Pretty simple, huh?

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean you're going to get a better one.

Have fun with your crashing app.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Seriously with the replies guys? Be a better person, don't take the time to reply if this post upsets you, especially with lengthy, unproductive posts. It's unnecessary. Move on.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Seriously with the replies guys? Be a better person, don't take the time to reply if this post upsets you, especially with lengthy, unproductive posts. It's unnecessary. Move on.

Exactly. You don't get any badges or ribbons for being an awesome jerk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.