Clear film protector for MB air.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacKid1983, Sep 7, 2014.

1. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Where can I get a clear film protector for my MB Air. I just got my new air at apple yesterday. I've searched via google but only come up with clear plastic cases.

I used to have an air that had a clear super thin rubbery film on the outer top and bottom it was like a "screen protector" but not for the actual screen. I purchased my old MB air used so thats why I have no clue where to get it from. :apple:

2. philxor macrumors regular

3. dangerfish macrumors 6502

4. cebseb macrumors regular

I use bestskinsever.com

With proper application, the skin looks invisible and lasts for a long. I've had mine on my macbook air for 3 years running so far.

5. LxHunter macrumors 6502

I second that. I have used the Matte version on my MBA and MBP. Is nearly invisible and feels a bit more grippy. Does take some patience to apply. Last month saved me from a ding - walking into a meeting tapped MacBook on steel door frame.

I use a Acme Made sleeve and carry in a laptop bag.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/macbook-air-13-inch-skin-2010-2013-model

6. cebseb macrumors regular

I was definitely a bit hesitant to apply the skin since it is a wet application, but after doing it so many times to so many devices over the years, there really is nothing to fear.

7. fsolano macrumors member

Could you post some good quality pictures of your skin? I'm interested in buying the same but I need to see pics in order to pull the trigger. Thanks.

8. LxHunter, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014

LxHunter macrumors 6502

Well here are 2 pics. Hard to see the Best Skins Ever Matte on my rMBP 15
    In normal light the skin is almost invisible - I took a high contrast/high angel light to show you the edge in the second.

Attached Files: