clear history in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Is there a way to clear the history out in Firefox like you can do is Safari??

Frank

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
No. Bwahahahahahhaha. Mozilla wants all your dirty secrets out. :p Ok, really, go to preferences, privacy, and you will see history and a clear button.

Comment

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
With my old PC, if I let this stuff get out of hand, my computer soon crashed. I didn't know if the same held true with the Mac.
Thanks.
Frank

Comment

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
How quickly we judge without facts. I'm surprised and disappointed at you folks.

Frank

Comment

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
fjs08 said:
How quickly we judge without facts. I'm surprised and disappointed at you folks.

Frank
Awww, they're just having a little fun. ;)

BTW, I haven't seen that either Safari or FF on the Mac (or FF on the PC) get unstable as a result of a large cache. I think the issues with IE may have something to do with all the adware and all that kind of stuff. I only clear out my cache for security / privacy reasons, and not terribly often.

And also FWIW, if you've used IE on a PC, you shouldn't have had that much trouble finding the clear cache option in FF, since it's almost in exactly the same place. ;)

Comment

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Actually, the problem I have is that when I used my PC, I used Hotmail almost exclusively. About once per quarter, it would shut down on me. Just couldn't get to it. I e-mailed Microsoft and received a reply that had me clean out everything in sight of MSIE. It worked, but it really became a pain to do it. I was always waiting for the problem to resurface. I still have some ties to it, but now use .Mac mail as much as possible. With .mac, some of my e-mails get automatically "junked" until my recipients know I'm using it. Go figure.

Frank

Comment

ILYmusic8

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2009
i dont need ot tell u
IDK is if this is what ur talking bout but...

u go to history on top then u click show all history and u can click today yesterday 7 days or all and then u just press delete on all of them:eek:

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.