Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adeedew

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2005
Thanks everyone, FINALLY there are some people on the hunt for clear case beyond 1 or 2 people it seems. Still baffles me apple never made a clear bumper, why would THEY want to hide the beauty of the phone? Anyway, i found my favorite clear case for the 4s from Iluv, here's a link to their new one coming for the 5, although it seems they put a logo on the back now and doesn't look as good as the one i had with the 4s that said "iluv" on the ride side so it was sort of hidden before, this one still looks cool....
http://iluv.com/product_detail.asp?idx=1775&category_cd=t27&cat_lev=1&solution=3&otype=2&osubcat=7

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2010

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I'm going to make a case that has a picture of the back side and bumper sides of the white iPhone 5 so it literally looks like there isn't a case. Who's ready to order? =P

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Still haven't gotten my case. For an item that was supposed to arrive by the 20'th I'm not happy I won't see it until the 24'th at the earliest. Had to go buy my wife an expensive case tonight from Target.

I still haven't got mine either. It was also supposed to arrive on the 20th. I thought about getting a case from Best Buy, then returning it when the clear case from ebay came in, but I'm just going caseless until it gets here. Does your tracking number work from that seller? Mine didn't, and I messaged him about it and why it hadn't showed up and he told me that from CA to KY it usually takes 5-8 days, so I should wait three more days before checking with him again. If it takes 5-8 days, why did he tell me it would arrive by the 20th when he shipped it on the 17th? Ugh.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
The reason I dislike clear cases is because the scratches usually show up over time.

sparky12

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2012
I still haven't got mine either. It was also supposed to arrive on the 20th. I thought about getting a case from Best Buy, then returning it when the clear case from ebay came in, but I'm just going caseless until it gets here. Does your tracking number work from that seller? Mine didn't, and I messaged him about it and why it hadn't showed up and he told me that from CA to KY it usually takes 5-8 days, so I should wait three more days before checking with him again. If it takes 5-8 days, why did he tell me it would arrive by the 20th when he shipped it on the 17th? Ugh.

SAME exact situation.... I hope it arrives tomorrow.

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
--- You read my mind. It's one of my options to consider in a case.

----------

--- Clear cases is perfect for the IP5. My kind of cases since I'll be rocking the black iPhone 5.

Just got this case, it now has scuff marks from just inserting the phone. :( now I'm worried how scratched/scuff the exterior will get just from regular use.

Mr Astonishing

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
SLC, UT
http://www.switcheasy.com/product/NUDE_iPhone5/

I had the ultraclear version of this on my 4S. It's super thin (if you want fall protection, look at other cases) and comes with screen protectors and connector covers.

Thanks! I've been looking for a temp case. I completely forgot about switcheasy I actually have a case from them on my iPod Touch 2G, and it comes with two screen protectors. Good find.

julius071

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
Hello all, check out iD America dry ice. I had it on my iPhone 4 and this case is awesome and the best part is its protection proof. Dropped it a few times and the case didn't fall apart on impact, this is a tough case!

And of course, they have it for the iPhone 5!!! But, it's 'out of stock' :(

http://www.idamericany.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29838

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Bought the kayscase from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/KaysCase-HardSkin-iPhone-Version-Protector/dp/B0096Q7W6Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348595083&sr=1-1&keywords=kayscase+iphone+5

12341.jpg

photo.jpg

14233.jpg

I got this as a temporary case for my iphone and i gotta say, i'm pretty disappointed. It doesn't fit my phone, it's actually smaller so when I put it on, I thought I was gonna scratch my phone. Plus the cutouts on the side doesnt fit. I don't know if you can tell but they are off and it randomly turns my phone from vibration to sound and vice versa. It does come with a free screen protector though.

mytran80

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2009
Bought the kayscase from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/KaysCase-HardSkin-iPhone-Version-Protector/dp/B0096Q7W6Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348595083&sr=1-1&keywords=kayscase+iphone+5

I got this as a temporary case for my iphone and i gotta say, i'm pretty disappointed. It doesn't fit my phone, it's actually smaller so when I put it on, I thought I was gonna scratch my phone. Plus the cutouts on the side doesnt fit. I don't know if you can tell but they are off and it randomly turns my phone from vibration to sound and vice versa. It does come with a free screen protector though.

that's the thing with knockoffs,no quality control ....... can't believe it's $14.99 on amazon ,those are usually $3-4 shipped on ebay , clear hard snap on cases

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
that's the thing with knockoffs,no quality control ....... can't believe it's $14.99 on amazon ,those are usually $3-4 shipped on ebay , clear hard snap on cases

I know. I'm pretty pissed off. I didn't know Kayscase was a cheap company. Should have done more research before buying. :mad:

iArch

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
All Over

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I got the Kayscase clear and it seems to be OK. However, the sound when on speakerphone is awful. Apparently, the hard plastic makes the voices sound tinny and harsh.

I put on a frosted clear Ventev case from Radio Shack and the sound was fine.. Here's a link to Ventev, but the case they show is different from mine. Maybe they haven't updated the site. Mine is similar to the one here, but the ridges are curved (not chisled as here) and the many available colors are solid and semi-transparent - really pretty and VERY protective.

http://shop.ventev.com/buy/accessories/cat/1171/model/1171_1392706

I really like the feel of the case I got. The ridges go around the case and create a nice scalloped edge around the screen (which holds the iP5 off the table when face down). I also got a blue. Price was (retail) $20. Not great, but not $40, like some of them. All buttons are covered. :D

jaisonline

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
Best Buy will be carrying an all clear TPU case made by Rocketfish on Friday. My local store showed it to me today and it looked and felt awesome. Says most stores got at least 10 of them in. $25.

Thanks for the info. I picked up two today. It feels like it needs just a slither of increased thickness but the iPhone looks sharp in it.

If only Belkin didn't hange their Grip Vue clear to frost... I purchased that back in Sept 2010 for my iPhone 4 and used it the entire time. It was an excellent truly transparent case (survived many drops) until they redid it for the 4s with a frost tint.

Last edited:

Jane333

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yX5SR4iRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

i-blason clear frost case - arrived yesterday - $9.95 - fit is good, quality seems good. not a lot of protection, but better than naked and you can still see the beauty of the phone. I bought this as a temporary case, but so far I am liking it! It has a very slight frost so maybe it won't show scratches as badly as totally clear plastic. Bottom and top are only covered on the edges so there will not be any interference with docks (whenever they become available), headphones, speaker, on/off button. big cut out on the side for volume and mute control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.