Clear-ish case for 5/5S with good protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

With the arrival of my iPhone 6, my wife's iPhone 5 will be sold, and my gold iPhone 5S will go to her. I originally got the gold (which I actually liked) because she wanted the gold when it became her phone.

So now, she's looking for a case that will sort of 'show off' the gold of the phone, but still provide good impact protection (she is somewhat clumsy, and tends to drop her phone at least a few times a year.)

She's been using a blue Incipio DualPro for the iPhone 5, and she's using that now on the 5S, but, of course, it completely covers the phone except for the front white and the touchID ring. Plus, bright blue on the gold phone isn't the greatest color combo.

Are there any cases that will provide solid impact protection (no built in screen protector required, just drop protection for things like tiled floors) but will show off the phone a bit? The cases I used when it was my phone are all slim and or covered most of the back...and they don't provide a ton of protection for drops.

I thought about the Tech21 cases, since they're slim and can have a semi-translucent back, but that horrible orange band clashes pretty badly with the gold on the 5S. (Why don't they make that without the orange?)

2. kerrikins macrumors 65816

I got the Luvitt Clearview and it did well for me! I dropped the phone a few times from my lap as well as to my wood floor from about chest height (I'm 5'3) and it survived just fine. Shows off the phone nicely, too :)

3. Jman13 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, but we need something with much better drop protection. Not opposed to bumper style cases as long as they provide a fair bit of protection from falls.