iPhone Clear lock screen/slider iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spotsphill, Feb 5, 2013.

1. spotsphill macrumors regular

I'm hoping to clear out the slider from the lockscreen. I used to do this on my iPhone 4 and 4S with LockInfo but the new version stinks (IMO); I uninstalled it. I've seen lots of clear/transparent Winterboard tweaks for iOS 4/5 but none of them seem to work with iOS 6 and/or the iPhone 5. Has anyone found a working option?

2. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Every clear lock screen I've tried has the 2 lines, 1 under the clock and 1 above the slider. I'm just using a dark wallpaper for now until someone fixes it because you can't even see the lines. It's called clear lock screen 5.1.1

Attached Files:

3. spotsphill thread starter macrumors regular

I've seen those reports as well which is why I'm opening it up to the MR faithful. Hopefully someone has found a way.

4. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

You're talking about removing the slider altogether, right? I'm looking to do the same...I'm really surprised David took that ability out of LI5!

5. spotsphill thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking to do. Sprintomize 2 allows to hide just the slider dial and create a custom slider message. I don't see much of a reason for that without going all the way (removing the background).

Anyone figure this out yet!?

6. Nsomnia34 macrumors regular

Im using NO Lockscreen UI, Lockscreen Clock Hide and No Lockscreen Camera

7. spotsphill thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback. That/those option(s) still leave a faint line where the time and slider should be. I wonder if the functionality isn't there with the iPhone 5 or maybe it's still too early in the iP5 jailbreak game for this tweak to exist.

8. TexasTiger39 macrumors member

I am using StyleUnlock and it gets rid of the lines. BUT, you have to use one of their limited options to unlock your phone

9. jahoys macrumors regular

LockSliderz also gets rid of the line near the slider but you're stuck with it's slider. for the line behind the clock, use Clear Lockscreen:

Attached Files:

10. Nsomnia34 macrumors regular

It left one faint line above the slider. I'm using the cliffs LS and its covered up. There is no line where the clock was.

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

12. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

springtomize has an option to hide the "knob" though the outline is still there it gets rid of the actual slider itself.

Here's a screenshot with it set to hide(At least with my lock screen it doesn't look very nice, but with some other tweaks you can probably get it right. I am waiting on the hide feature to come back to LI5 hopefully, till then i'll live with it.)

Attached Files:

13. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

14. applebro macrumors member

Perfect lock screen, but I cannot seem to find this on cydia :(

15. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

That would be a nice looking lock screen, but the wallpaper ruins it. ;-P

16. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-new-skins-themes-launches/818010-ios-6-locksceen-line-fix.html

Here's a fix for the lines....

17. jahoys macrumors regular

this was posted on another thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-new-skins-themes-launches/818010-ios-6-locksceen-line-fix.html

works great. i removed the LockSliderz tweak so i could use my own slider:

Attached Files:

18. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

I found Nobelis on some sketchy source on Cydia but the camera grabber isn't working on the i5 for me. any suggestions?

19. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I downloaded this from Cydia.. it looks great but the stock camera icon is there. It wasn't themed. How did you fix that?

20. spotsphill thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Any chance this package will be added to Cydia? I'm not a big fan of adding Winterboard tweaks via the backend.

Also, does this remove the slider unlock activation or does it just make it transparent (and therefore still capable of unlocking the phone)? I'm actually hoping to still unlock the phone using the normal unlock activation method.

21. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Still uses the normal unlock activation method.

Why aren't you a fan of just dragging and dropping into the Winterboard themes folder? It's not like it's any different. In fact, that's the way I apply my themes. All the themes in Cydia are usually poorly done and/or need some editing.

22. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Is this what you want...?

Attached Files:

23. vega07 macrumors 65816

Can I apply this without Winterboard?

24. vega07 macrumors 65816

Frenchjay,

Do you mind uploading the slider files so that I can just go into iFile and replace?? I'd greatly appreciate it.

25. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay