Clear/low-profile case and screen protector for IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chuchichan, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

Any suggestions for a clear and low-profile screen protector for the IP4? Would you also suggest a screen protector? I want to protect the phone, but still let it's design show as much as possible. Also I don't want something too bulky.

Thanks in advance...

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

I tried a clear plastic case from Gear4 and stopped using it after a couple of weeks. Replaced it with the free bumper with back protection-style Griffin case from the Apple offer which is excellent.

There's no need for a screen protector - the iPhone uses Gorilla Glass which is very very tough. The protector/cover on a case degrades the accuracy of the touch screen.

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

4. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There are many threads on screen protectors. The most popular opinion is that the glass is indeed scratch resistant but not scratch proof (sand and other particles can scratch glass). Also the oleophobic coating wears during normal use as stated in the manual. So better safe than sorry.

The most recomended screen protector are the static cling kind, they look clear and won't affect the sensitivity of the screen. Any quality one will do: Power Support, SGP, Switcheasy, etc.

As for a clear case, it depends on the level of protection and material you want.

TPU: Switcheasy Vulcan, Casemate Gelli, iFrogs SoftGloss.

Hard plastic: Incipio Feather, Switcheasy Nude, Speck SeeThru.

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'm still on the search as well for a nice slim clear case that does NOT get scratched up so much! I would NOT try griffin reveal, switcheasy nude, or speck Seethru. I can say i tried all of them, an All get scratched VERY easily, and once they are all scratched up it looks like crap IMO. I heard the Vulcan is pretty good and is scratch proof which is big, though I haven't tried it, not really feeling the design on the back.