Clear Notifications on Lockscreen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by esadb, Oct 5, 2011.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Installed iOS 5 GM last night and now i am playing around with it. Lots of new features some I just dont know about..

But these notifications.. How does one clear them from the lock screen? The swipe down feature on the lockscreen does not seem to work for me..

All i can do on the lockscreen is either swipe the notification to read it/reply. Or I can unlock the screen..

Is there a way to clear this notification but without replying or unlocking the phone?

2. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

3. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Not from the lockscreen I think, no. But you can bring up Notification center and x them out there.

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

you can't from the lock screen. you have to unlock your iphone slide down notifications and clear from there.

5. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

you cant bring down the notification center from lockscreen either right? Or am i doing something wrong as it wont come down.

6. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

No you cant. Unlock the phone , slide down to get NC, x those notifications out. You're set.

7. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

If you unlock the phone it will remove the notifications from the lock screen. It only shows notifications received while the phone was locked.

To completely remove them you must use Notification Center

8. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Damn this notification thing seems a bit complicated now.

So the ones on the lockscreen show until unlocked.

The NC you can actually clear them out. Hmm..

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I didnt know that. It could be a good thing and a bad thing. It would be nice if we could control whether it only showed notifications that came in when the phone is locked or all. Looking forward to downloading iOS 5 on the 12th! Anyone know how big it would be for an iPhone 4 running 4.3.5?

10. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

I don't understand. Why would you want to clear the notifications from the lock screen without unlocking it? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the phone being locked? I'm already annoyed that there's a way to control the iPod, and now launch the camera, from the lock screen. There have been a couple of times where my phone just started playing music from my pocket because somehow I managed to perform the right sequence of actions while bumping up against something. Adding something like what you're looking for would make matters even worse.

11. HopHead927 macrumors member

12. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

guess I'll get used to it.

There is a setting under Settings-Notifications- if you got under like lets say messages or mail you can set "Show in Lockscreen"

I guess disabling that will take it off the lockscreen but than you can't see anything until you unlock the phone.

The notification drop down should be allowed to come down in the lock screen. This way your wallpaper is not blocked, and if you want to check notification you swipe down see them and be done with it.

13. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Then what would be the point of a Lock Screen? If Notification Center comes down during the Lock Screen (say iPhone is in your pocket), you could accidentally launch Apps in your pocket.

It's not as complicated as you're making it. You seem to want notifications but then don't want them.

14. mcabe macrumors newbie

So if let's say I unlock to make a call and lock it right after - even if a notification is unread or missed call unviewed or something it will only appear in notification center and not lockscreen?

15. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Correct.

One thing that's annoying is that you can't clear single notifications for an app you have to clear all notifications for that app

16. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple needs to sharpen their skills at copying Android.