Clear or matte bottom iPhone 7 plus body protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Benz63amg, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Benz63amg, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

So I have the Apple official leather case and it is open on the bottom so the bottom part of the iPhone is unprotected, is there a thin skin I can install on the bottom part of the iPhone 7 plus so that the exposed part of the iPhone with the speaker grills and lighting port is at least protected in case i dropped it from minimal scratches, I feel like that would be better Than just leaving the bottom of the iPhone unprotected like that,

2. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

3. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

I've never heard of a skin that specifically protects that area, but you could get a full body skin and either try that in the Apple case or cut out the bottom section and scrap the rest.

On a side note, I have used the apple leather cases with the open design for 2 years with the iPhone 6 and never had an issue with the exposed bottom. I dropped my phone several times and was not always very gentle with it. Took it off yesterday to trade in my phone to ATT and there wasn't a scratch on the phone. YMMV

I did not hesitate in purchasing one for my 7. I have a skin in the mail from BSE that I am going to try and use with the case just so I can take the phone out when I want and still have some grip. I've heard conflicting reports on whether that works, so we will see soon.

4. Kisey macrumors 6502a

For my past two phones (6 and 6s), I used a matte BSE full body skin in addition to the Apple silicone case. If you only want the bottom part, you can easily cut the skin before applying.

5. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Can I get a link to the bse skin you ordered? And is it easy to apply? I guess you're right I can cut it in half and apply it just to the bottom part,
    The only thing I don't like is wet installations

6. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

7. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

8. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Mate! I've been after a purpose made skin for the official cases since the 6's.

9. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

That bottom piece they include would be something I would use, did you buy that skin from them?

10. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

can anyone else chime in on this? where can i buy just a matte sticker like protector for the Bottom portion of the iphone near the speaker grills and lighting port so that it protectors the exposed area that the apple case does not protect