Clear plastic protector for iPod Touch back?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by adamfishercox, Feb 18, 2008.

1. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

I'm trying to find a plastic protector for the back of my iPod touch. Basically a piece of plastic, like those that come on the screen of the iTouch, or the iMac, or any other consumer electronic with a glossy screen. But I want one tailored for the back of the iPod touch, so that it doesn't get scratches in it.

Basically I want to have the chrome back, without the scratching potential, so it needs to be as invisible as possible. Ideas?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

power support film set comes with film for the front and back

3. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Best Skins Ever can do just that for under $10.

4. dcava11ar0 macrumors newbie

I got the anti glare set off apple's website to I think around 14bucks. It came with a clear piece for the back that had a section cutout for the wifi connection.

5. adamfishercox thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Chic0 macrumors 6502

Yup, I got one those too for front and back. It's the dogs......:)

7. navysealrb macrumors newbie

8. TP-Eric macrumors member

I bought some Best Skins Ever too. Very nice indeed. Virtually indestructible, they provide great protection when being used outside of a case. The only significant difference between the BSE and invisibleSHIELD is that the iS comes with small bottle of applicator spray, while with the BSE you have to prepare a solution of water with a drop or two of soap in it. The BSE is slightly more labor-intensive, but considering it's 1/3rd the price, it's worth the effort.

9. TouchPodium.com macrumors newbie

Hey! I never thought of even looking around for something like this.
    What a marvelous idea!

What I'd really like is a clear case that covered the entire iPod, but wasn't too thick or ugly. :) Maybe a rubbery-perfectly clear case. That'd be AWESOME. :cool:

10. EdwardsNH macrumors member

I'm convinced

Ok, I ordered a bestskinever front protector (dlo flip hipcase too).

I spent almost $500 for this thing, and I've been afraid to use it since I bought it. I've never washed my hands more. And I freaked out when my wife accidentally sprayed it with windex (not directly). On top of that I have three kids!

I don't care about a slight decrease in responsiveness. It's useless to me if I'm afraid to use it :D

11. TP-Eric macrumors member

Surprisingly, the screen is every bit as responsive with the skin on. Just the lightest of touches triggers a response from the unit -- I was pretty impressed when I tried that for the first time.

12. Bmizz macrumors member

I have the iWrap on mine and love it. Very nice protection for the whole thing, barely noticeable, and improves the grip a lot. Google iWrap, I think I paid $15 shipped.