Clear Protector like product but matte/frosted?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Anijake, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

Hi,

On my last MacBook I got this from Clear Protector and really liked it, but no so much that it was shiny.

I was wondering if you guys know of any one that makes something like this but in a matte/frosted finish for my new MacBook Pro 13"

Thanks

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Try Wrapsol... THey have a new thing called Wrapsol ultra. Apparently, Wrapsol ultra protects from drops too... I do not think that you would need that product for your MacBook Pro. Also, Wrapsol ultra is not available for any laptop, as far as I know. You can get the regular Wrapsol skin for your MacBook Pro. It is basically a matte version of the InvisibleShield/Ghost Armor/Bestskinsever/whatever. It has a special cover for the trackpad, so it is (from what I heard) virtually friction-free.
    http://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Home+P.../apple/MacBook+Pro+13_inch+(current+gen).aspx

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have a wrapsol on my macbook, it looks great, search my threads for pictures.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

sorry if i am thread-hijacking, but i looked at your post count, ihonda, and it was 420. I lol'd. :):p

5. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I recommend the Wrapsol. If you use the code chatter, you can get a discount (ordering from Wrapsol website).

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

lol.. oh my

7. Anijake thread starter macrumors 6502

Anijake

Thanks everyone!

I ordered the Wrapsol through Amazon/Buy.com came to only $32.00

8. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

Phantom Skinz has a matte finish protector for macbooks.

9. Anijake thread starter macrumors 6502

Anijake

Applied the Wrapsol last night and it came out fantastic! Looks great!

Thanks again everyone

10. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Was it easy to apply?

11. Blues003 macrumors 6502

12. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Way to ruin the 420! Yeah I <3 my Wrapsol. Best buy besides my Vyper sleeve... except I don't use my sleeve much since I don't have school right now.

13. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Is it really matte and smooth? Instead of shiny and kind of sticky like invisible shield?

14. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

The whole skin is matte. If you look on the website that I posted earlier, you can see all of the details for their product. Before you ask questions, READ everything! :p

15. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Sorry. Can't look at that website - websense and IT blocks everything but macrumors. Plus I am asking for personal experiences instead of just reading propaganda on a website. Don't assume...

Anyway I will have to pick one up to see what all the hubbub is about.

16. Blues003 macrumors 6502

What about matte-finish for the SCREEN? Has anyone here had experiences with Moshi's iVisor or ClearCal's Anti-glare?

17. Harmless Abuse macrumors regular

I have a clearcal and it's actually really lovely.

I have 1 minor complaint with it though. When looking at white on the screen, things are a little colorful. You know, like when you get a drop of water or something on your LCD and you see that prismatic effect? It's not drastic and you don't really realize it after a day or so of use, but it is something I will have to accept for the sheer fact that when traveling I can use my MBP.

It wasn't bad for me to apply, but I applied it in a hospital where I work, so it is an extremely clean environment. Dust makes major bubbles, though they are very easy to remove with a piece of tape. Plus if you mess up, it is static cling so you can easily peel off, rinse, dry, and re-stick. It holds firmly once on.

18. elleana macrumors regular

Interested in this too.

19. budman1961 macrumors regular

Im a Zagg Invisible Skin guy.....wet install, very good overall, cant beat the warranty.

I particularly like the bit of grippyness that I get over the slick aluminum...:)

20. Anijake thread starter macrumors 6502

Anijake

yes and no,

Problem 1 getting the peal started on the larger pieces. They should have a bit of extra paper like on the smaller pieces

Problem 2 after pealing halfway I sprayed then went to peal all the way and it stuck to it's self. I was like oh crap 30 bucks down the tubes. But I pulled it apart and there was no damage.

After that no problems. I took the bottom off when applying so over wetting would not be a problem and make it easier to align the screw holes. The top and inside were easy

Just note there is no strip for the front edge or the sides, just top, bottom, track pad and wrist rest.

edit: oh and two little pieces for the back corners. Also the kit comes with all you need, spray water, cleaning cloth and rubber rubby thinggy

21. Anijake thread starter macrumors 6502

Anijake

yes the top and bottom you can not even tell its there. The wrist rest only cause you can see the top edge.

22. unamused macrumors 6502

yep! that was the exact reason i couldnt get the invisible/zagg shield or the BSE skin... they are both the shiny sticky material and would look bad on the matte macbook.

the wrapsol really just blends in, i dont think my friends even know its on there.

23. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

That is pretty awesome. I picked up one for my macbook and one for the macbook pro. Can't wait to get them

24. Lola M macrumors member