Clear Safari history without deleting logins/passwords/cookies

clumsythief83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Hi guys, I wonder if there is a way to delete Safari history without deleting logins/passwords/cookies.

I used to use Safari on my ipad and iPhone but that missing options makes me go back to Google CHrome instead. Anyone knows how we can achieve it?

Thanks.

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Deleting Safari's history should not delete the passwords themselves as they're stored in your keychain. But deleting Safari's history will remove website favcons and cookies. I haven't found a way around that either.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Deleting Safari's history should not delete the passwords themselves as they're stored in your keychain. But deleting Safari's history will remove website favcons and cookies. I haven't found a way around that either.
Neither have I.

Good post which spells out clearly what happens when you delete Safari's history.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yeah I find that annoying that I have to re-login to all my websites after I clear history. Hopefully there will be a fix one day.
https://cookie5app.com

I use an app called Cookies to manage this. You can tell it what you want deleted and whitelist cookies you want to keep. I have it set to run the cleanup when I quit the browser.

I suggest buying it from the dev. and not the App Store so you get updates faster without having to wait for App Store approval.

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 11.34.09 AM.png