Clear saved HTTP passwords

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nermal, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi,

I was just helping someone to connect to our intranet using an iPad, and in order to test it I logged in using my own username and password (it uses HTTP authentication rather than a login form on the site itself). The iPad successfully logged in.

Now, how do I clear the saved HTTP password so that the iPad's owner can put their own details in? I can't find any options in the Settings app, and as this is the first time I've ever touched an iPad I'm not sure where to go next.

Help! :)

2. patrickj macrumors regular

Going to Settings > Safari and choosing to Clear Cache and Clear Cookies should do the trick.

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It didn't (that's one of the first things I tried). I ended up having to change my password on the server so that the login attempt would fail. That made the login window appear again, but what a nightmare!

4. patrickj macrumors regular

Yikes. That sounds like the issue might be more on that intranet side, rather than anything to do with the iPad.

5. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The login window is part of the iPad browser, it's not generated by the intranet. This is purely an issue of the iPad storing the credentials with no obvious way of clearing them.