Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 4 which does not degrade the image quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brokebroker83, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Brokebroker83 macrumors member

Alright guys I know I might get lectured about not using MRoogle...trust me I have and from what I could find was that most of the threads were a bit outdated.

So now that everyone has had the iPhone for a few days now, can you guys recommend a good clear screen protector.

Currently I just use a old matte screen protector made for the 3GS. For the most part it does its job but it COMPLETELY washes out the screen. My retina display looks exactly like the 3GS — and thats just not acceptable :D.

So how about it, anyone using anything which retains the gorgeous retina display quality without degrading the image.

Thanks, also if you have a link or two then that would be great.

PS: Lets try to keep the price down to under $15. I somehow feel like an idiot paying $30 for a flimsy plastic screen; given that thats how much I payed for the actual case.

PPS: Also I find that some cases tend to rub against the screen protectors, causing bubbles to form near the sides. My iFrogz does that and its something I want to try to avoid. I want this puppy to look gorgeous.

PPS: Also if you know any case which has a clear back that would be great. I looked at the one at Best Buy and it just seemed a bit flimsy. I think it was wither Griffin or Belkin.

Ok yes I know I have gone off the main thread topic, but hopefully you guys will be able to help out.

2. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

I got the 3 pack of the ifrogs matte... and tossed them after wasting 18$ on them. I got the invisible shield dry apply front and back (back is matte) from att for 30$ and the results are amazing. Screen is perfect, and back is matte, which kinda makes it look even more high class. I put it all in a belkin grip vue clear. Phone looks amazing in and out of the case.

The grip vue looks amazing as it's clear and shows off the iphone. The front cover was easy to apply and looks amazing as well, and back matte looks classy (and less likely to shatter most likely). Sadly the iphone can't take pics of itself.

Beauty and protection come at a price though. The invisible shield dry from ATT was 30$ + Grip Vue from best buy (25$) and my wasted 18$ on the ifrogs junk.