Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cobra5mil, Jun 26, 2010.

1. cobra5mil macrumors member

I don't like the feel of the I.S and the anti-glare iFrogz cover looks like it is "murky" looking. For the last year, the ONLY screen protector I have had on my 3GS is the clear one that came with my Incipio case. It feels like glass and does not have any sticky feel or frosted look.

Does anyone know of any clear screen protectors that would be similar/same to the ones that come with Incipio cases? I can't find any clear ones at any of the stores and the online places like PowerSupport say they ship July 26th!

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Invisible Shield and Wrapsol are both shipping.

3. cobra5mil thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but I don't like the tacky feel of the I.S. I hear the Wrapsol has the same rubbery feel to it. I just want a clear screen that feels like it is not there. It does not have to be bullet proof.

I may just buy one now and take it off when better stuff comes out.

4. ColReb22 macrumors member

Screen Protectors

I just upgraded from an iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4 and bought an Invisible Shield too. It feels sticky, I know they're great but I really don't like that feel. I had a Commuter Series OtterBox on my 3G and the screen protector that came with it was great and didn't feel any different than the bare screen.

I would love to know if anybody has experience with a good screen protector that is slick, or if anybody has tried a privacy screen how did it work? I think that would be great for class so people can't look over my shoulder and see exactly what I'm doing, but the screen on the phone looks great and I don't want to put anything on it that will make the resolution look any less awesome.

5. gsimonds macrumors newbie

I was surprised that Best Buy did not even carry a crystal clear screen protector.. I did happen to walk into an AT&T today and they have the clear ones. I bet a lot of AT&Ts have them, because for some reason there is no indication that the screen protector is for any type of iPhone. Luckily the CSR was curious and looked inside the packaging.

Here is a picture of the packaging, with the clear protector on the front to prove it is indeed for the iPhone 4.

[​IMG]

6. mikecenizal macrumors member

does that att version come in front and back kits? i too bought the i.s kit and cant stand the taky feel and the really bad orange peel effect the finish has.

i used crystal power support for my previous iphones but i believe they wont be avail till mid july?! pretty lame...i guess my i.s will have to do for now.

can anyone confirm that wrapsol is tacky and orange peel finished too?

7. cobra5mil thread starter macrumors member

Well, I bought one of the iFrogz anti-glares just so I would have something. Lo and behold, the 3-pack had a fourth stuck to one of the others in the same wrapper. So, I used that one and I am going to return the other 3 non-used ones.

Next week I might go to some of the closer AT&T stores to look for that package. I think they are getting tired of me coming in...lol

Thanks for that info!

8. ColReb22 macrumors member

Does the solution they saturate your phone with while installing the I.S. leave a residue behind after the I.S. Is taken off?

9. gsimonds macrumors newbie

The only thing I don't like about the clear protector from AT&T (which are manufactured by Case-Mate) is the formation of a bubble around the front camera and ear speaker. My guess is that it is slightly deformed from machining process of punching those holes out.

Granted, I have only used 1 of the 3 screens provided, so I may take a chance and install a different one later.

10. galenmd macrumors regular

I love the feel of the Power Support crystal screen protector. They are not shipping for another month.

I had a spare one from my 3g and installed it on my ip4. It does not fit perfectly, but does the job until their new one comes out. I wish that they would make a back cover as well.

My goal is to not use a case, but have some protection from scratches. I ordered a bestskinsever to use for the back and sides, unless of course, I can find a slick back cover like the Power Support.

11. megsalias macrumors regular

I have the clear ones from AT&T, and mine do the same thing around the front camera and ear speaker. I used two of them thinking it was just a bad one the first time. It's driving me crazy. I can't stand bubbles.

12. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

No. The IS comes off without leaving any residue at all. With that said, I strongly recommend against getting it for a touchscreen device such as the iPhone since it makes the screen feel tacky.

13. theturtle macrumors 6502a