Clear silcone or VERY SLIM clear hardshell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hints-The-Name, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Hints-The-Name macrumors member

Title says it all. Does anyone know of a clear or transparent silcone case/ or maybe a transparent colored silcone cose that would look good with white iPhone or a VERY SLIM adds barley any bulk hard shell that is clear or transparent?

2. ghostee macrumors 6502

3. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

I like it just not wanting to add alot of bulk

4. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

Anyone had the Ultra Slim from More-thing? Is it any good? On a silcome case I dont realy mind if it adds bulk but I really like the transparent

5. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

this one comes in black or transparent . it's a hard case for the iphone 3g that i bought for the second iphone on my plan and it is amazing can hardly tell it is there sometimes and we bought the clear one from the apple store for like 30 bucks, was very nice :p

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS503LL/A?mco=NDc0MTk4NA

in case the link doesnt work it is the air Jacket for the iphone 3g

6. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

Did you experience any scratches like some of the reviews state?

7. Shaan macrumors member

I have both the black and the clear version of the Power Support Air Jacket. I have yet to use the black version but after using the clear one for just a few days it is completely scratched and I don't even like using it anymore. I would not recommend the clear Air Jacket.

If you are looking for a very slim clear case I would recommend this and here is the same case but with 2 screen protectors, a crystal one and an anti-glare one, just like the PS Air Jacket comes with.

Good luck in finding a case!

8. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

I may look into that one, I have 5 days to decide. I liked the case and all but not a fan of the circle cutout for apple logo, I mean its a clear case you can already see the logo, BUT I like the price and the case seems decent so I will keep it in mind. Thank you

9. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

These 2 are my favorite; I figured I would get the Ultra Slim by More-thing and make sure I like everything about it(I really want to find a translucent silcone case that doesn't distort the white iPhone, and if all is good move up to the better quality/grade Power Support Silicone Jacket(Translucent)

Ultra Slim by More-thing(Cloudy)
    http://www.more-thing.com/ultra-slim-silicone-case-for-iphone3g.html

Power Support Silicone Jacket(Translucent)
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TT829LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjQzNTE0NA&p=2&s=topSellers

10. Shaan macrumors member

The cloudy case looks pretty nice, right now I am using a Griffin iClear and it has a similar look to it on the back.

If you have any more questions I will try to help you out.

11. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

Its so think I have a big feeling it is only gonna last a money, but since I am putting out $400 for my phone next week, I say $20 bucks and can ensure I like the look, also who knows the case may suprise and be and be decent and last 3 months.

I appericate it thank you. I am very PICKY person and I love the white iPhone look but want a silicone case and not ruin the look at the same time and those 2 seem to be just it.

12. Shaan macrumors member

The cloudy case looks like it will tear in just a few days. I have no experience with those cases or with the site but just from looking at the pictures I would not recommend it because it will provide no protection at all.

13. Hints-The-Name thread starter macrumors member

When I get the Cloudy case it will only be fore like 2 weeks to make sure I like the case, before I throw down $30 for the Power Support Silicone Jacket--Transculent

14. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I don't think you will be able to find a truly clear silicone case. They are cloudy at best. In my experience, they stretch over time and become loose.

PS Air Jackets are very nice, but they are a rip off. If you don't have to have the very best and want to save some $, look on Ebay for "iphone 3g back case" and they are as cheap as $3 (incl ship, but from China - not if you are in a hurry). You can get clear ones as well.

I bought some and they were about $5 a piece.