Clear skin that covers sides and edges

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kjparfekt, Oct 2, 2013.

1. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Anyone know of a protective clear skin that covers the sides and edges? I would love to show off the gold of the 5s but I feel like I will drop this phone at least once and would hate to ding up the chamfered edge. Looking for any suggestions.

2. KKSigs macrumors member

3. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

^^^^bestskinsever^^^^

Using the side and back skins on my 5 since new.
    The side skins do not cover the chamfered edges.
    It looks nearly impossible to get a skin to stick to them.

Free shipping is available now.

4. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Also Spigen and Sticker boy. The Sticker Boy product can even cover the chamfered edges if you select that option. If you buy from Spigen though don't use their site. Go through Amazon or something. Going on 2 1/2 weeks since ordering from them with no product and they are no longer responding to my inquiries. Terribly inconsistent customer service and their site is a mess.

5. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

The clear skin from sticker boys covers the chamfered edges? :OOOO. I thought that only those rares skins that they have in different colors covered it..

6. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

I could be wrong but I thought you could get the clear ones in the larger chamfer size.

7. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

Mmmm i dont know that.. I think that in the page they say that due to the elastic of the material they dont offer the chamfered protection in the clear (normal skins) version..

8. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I agree. Another rep for bestskinsever! Cant beat the value and product.

9. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

That's too bad. As for the Sticker Boy side skins I got (matte metallic) that cover the chamfers, they work beautifully. Excellent product.

10. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

That sounds good, could you post some pictures of it?? Thankss

11. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I have to second Sticker Boy. Been a huge fan of them. I'm going to buy a few chamfer skins for my Space Gray 5s when i get my check in a week. Can anyone check if the coupon code " tts2 " still work? Cause that's all i've been using in the past. Want to know if it still works.

Thanks!

12. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately I took my first set off recently when switching cases. I have one other set (they always give you two with each order) but not sure if I'm going to put them on yet because I'm considering getting the Apple leather case and I'm not sure it will fit the phone with the stickers on. Originally I was waiting for the Spigen Tough Armor case that I ordered but that doesn't look like it's going to show up. The stickers I think would have worked great with the Spigen but I doubt they will work with the Apple, so I'm holding off. If I end up putting them on I'll post some pics for sure. But I was really surprised out how great they fit. Really perfect. At first when applying them I almost gave up because the chamfer part didn't seem to want to stay down but with a little continued pressure, and then applying the heat with the hair dryer that you have to do for the corners, it went on great and stayed on. Also adds a nice amount of grip and smoothness to those shiny, hard edges as well that I really liked.

13. mac.cali, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

mac.cali macrumors 65816

Right now I'm using the apple case. I originally had the bestskinsever sides and the case made it a very tight fit. Almost to the point you can see it bow out on the sides. So I removed the sides and use the case along with the back skin. I like the look and feel a lot. So don't want waste your time and money trying to apply side skins while using the apple case. Hope this clears it up for those who want to use both skin and case.

14. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Ive used Best Skins Ever on my old iPod touch and my old 4S. EXCELLENT product, cheap prices, and it never started peeling. Keeps things mint. Highly recommended.

When I got my 5S, I really wanted to protect the chamfered edges, so I got a sticker boy skin coming in the mail. Battleship gray sticker with chamfer protection. Gonna look nice on my space gray 5S! Gotta keep those edges clean!

15. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Thanks, that's helpful.

16. mac.cali macrumors 65816

No problem. Hope this information helps. As you can see, I'm a fan of the black on black look. Thinking of purchasing a red case because that looks slick too.

Attached Files:

17. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

that does look great. i had been considering the brown but i think this has sold me on the black. and it will probably wear a little better.

that pic is interesting. i expected that some of the case would cover over the top upper edges of the phone more but it's almost as if the phone just drops straight into the case.

18. mac.cali macrumors 65816

It does drop in. But it almost sits in the case with the chamfer showing. I think the sides lock it into place.

19. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

http://bit.ly/16nK8Mh

20. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Got it, thanks

21. cmichaelb, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

[​IMG]

The bad thing is it's open at the top and bottom.

Or, what I did with my 4S, is use a bumper style case with a Zagg shield on the front and back, kind of like this case
    Also Spigen and Sticker boy. The Sticker Boy product can even cover the chamfered edges if you select that option. If you buy from Spigen though don't use their site. Go through Amazon or something. Going on 2 1/2 weeks since ordering from them with no product and they are no longer responding to my inquiries. Terribly inconsistent customer service and their site is a mess.[/QUOTE]

I went through Amazon, who does Spigen fulfillment, and my Slim Armor S was here in two days. They messed up and sent me the wrong screen protectors as well. Spigen contacted me on their own and not only sent me the right screen protectors, they threw in a free case as well.

I am extremely pleased with their service.

22. kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Saw a silver 5s with a bumper that actually looked good. Reminds me of the look above and am definitely considering it now.

23. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

That's the inconsistency I'm talking about. For one person they're amazing. For another person they don't even bother responding and if they do it's with misleading info. I still haven't heard from them since their original response 1 1/2 weeks ago, and it's approaching 3 weeks since I ordered and 2 1/2 weeks since the item shipped. I also called their customer service number 3 days ago and left a message as they requested and haven't heard back from that either. If you look at the forums you'll see the inconsistency. One person will say they're awesome and then the next post says they're terrible. I'm done with them. They need to get their act together. Buying an Apple leather case later today and waiting for them to either refund my money or respond to the BBB complaint which they haven't yet.

24. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Who are you having problems purchasing from?

25. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I got the Case Buddy 100% Transparent case. I don't have my 5S yet (need to find somewhere with it in stock!) but it seems that it will cover everything. It is also silicone so it won't scratch the sides when being put on or removed.