Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Just got my iPad Air 2, 16GB. I want to get a clear smart case, so that the beautiful gold color is visible in the back. I can't seem to find a case that has a clear back cover and a smart cover that is not champagne or gold (I would prefer white or gray). I found a case on eBay, but I'm not sure of the quality. I also can't finding aftermarket smart covers (and then just get a separate clear back).

I found this one - http://www.amazon.com/GranVela-Magn...p/B00P3T9C34/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 - but the reviews are split and one says that it doesn't hold the iPad tightly

Anyone here has a clear smart case that they like?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Nice. My granvela arrived today. Ultra slim, fits like a glove. Looks great, feels great. The back case hooks over the spine of the Smart Cover to make a very nice combo. I can even swap out the black cover that came with it and use my "generic" smart covers to change things up. It came with a stylus, screen protector and port plugs (none of which I'll use).

Absolutely delighted, well worth the $5.99 that I paid. Thanks for the pointer to that. (Even if you didn't end up getting it yourself) LOL

Reactions: newellj

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I actually ordered a granvela case as well. Figure for $6 it's not a big deal if I don't like. However, after reading your post, I'm looking forward to receiving it

yansun

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
As I wrote in another thread I can recommend the Moshi VersaCover 2. A bit pricey but the quality seems to be good and it has a very nice cover folding technique.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
As I wrote in another thread I can recommend the Moshi VersaCover 2. A bit pricey but the quality seems to be good and it has a very nice cover folding technique.
I would be shocked if the Moshi VersaCover 2 was that much better than the granvela that it warrants the price difference. $50 vs. $6.

yansun

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Since I don't have the Granvela case I can't say anything about the quality of that case, but as I said I can recommend the Moshi one, although (as also said...) it's a bit pricey and much more expensive than your case.
I had a Apple Smart Cover before with my old iPad and what always bothered me was that you can only fold the cover in a way that allows the iPad to be used in landscape mode. But with the Moshi folding technique you can use it either in landscape or portrait mode. As far as I know the Moshi is the only slim case that has this feature.
If that's enough (in combination with the build quality, how long your and my case will last we have to see) to justify the price difference everyone has to decide for himself/herself, but at least for me it was worth buying it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.