Clear smoke thin iPhone 5 case?

gbill2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I'm looking for the best smoke/clear case for black iPhone 5. I don't like the clear ones on the black which is why I want "smoke" clear. I want to be able to see the entire back of the phone, including the Apple logo. Something thin as well. Any recommendations appreciated as well as pictures :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

gbill2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I mean I'd like to be able to see the entire back of the phone, including the logo. Smoked clear.

Comment

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
search "iphone 5 tpu cases" on ebay. It should be one of the first results. its exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Any experience from anyone on the quality of these cases on eBay?
Tbh, its a hit or miss, but usually a hit. My girlfriend got a case on eBay and I was totally blown away by the quality. Fitment was superb and really thin. I'll take some pictures in comparison with a naked iPhone 5 once I see her again.

Others who got the thin "desmay" ebay cases have said the quality are decent. Bumpers from ebay have generally gotten positive reviews.

Comment

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
If you want a thin case, your best bet is to find a polycarbonate case of some sort. TPU cases will inherently be thicker than polycarbonate. The thinnest cases are almost always polycarbonate.

Comment

dabbler

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
The trouble I have found with nearly all of the super thin case's is no top-side or bottom-side protection. I have one that covers left right and top though - but its so thin, it falls off!

So far, Poetic Atmosphere eBay rip off seems the best - same as Poetic Atmosphere, but no lip, hence thinner.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.