Clear something up for me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MEDiphone, Jun 21, 2009.

1. MEDiphone macrumors member

I know gmail has no "push" right now but can I get it set up so that when i push the "mail" button on the bottom of the iphone screen, I get my gmail there?

2. I have lots of bookmarks. Anyway to get my firefox or google bookmarks onto the iphone safari browser so that I dont have to be entering in all the websites manually?

cheers

2. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

1. Gmail is pushing.... go to your gmail settings in gmail to configure it real quick
    2. No, but you can import your FireFox and Google bookmarks into safari on your desktop, then use iTunes to sync your safari bookmarks (that now have your other bookmarks too) to your iphone's safari browser.

3. MEDiphone thread starter macrumors member

thanks

for the responses.

could you help me out with the gmail pushing then?

I just did the whole syncing deal and my calender is working fine with google calenders.
    http://appadvice.com/appnn/2009/02/how-to-setup-google-sync-on-your-iphone/

but I get "cannot get mail-the connection to the server failed" message when I press the mail button at the bottom of the screen

4. MEDiphone thread starter macrumors member

5. 2259 macrumors member

6. MEDiphone thread starter macrumors member

it is

saying smtp.gmail.com for outgoing mail server is incorrect?
    anyone?????

7. DuFFy macrumors regular

Why are people saying Gmail is pushing?? its not for me, and there is no option on the phone for gmail to push. there is IMAP, but thats not push, you dont get email from your gmail account instantly on your phone when it hits your inbox on their server, unless im crazy its still just fetching

8. 2259 macrumors member

IMAP IS push email: http://blog.proud-geek.com/2007/10/23/gmail-now-offers-imap-push-email/

And have you put imap.googlemail.com as incoming and then smtp.googlemail.com as outgoing? No spaces etc??