Clear TPU case help

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ref26, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

So I really like the idea of a clear TPU case-shows of the phone but doesn't get scratched up like clear hard plastic cases, plus more protection, and easy to get out of pocket unlike silicone. However, I ordered a cheap one from eBay and this is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Is there one that won't give that ugly effect? I was thinking maybe the Belkin Grip Vue since it's got the matte finish on the inside? Or maybe iSkin Solo? Any other recs? Thanks!

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure that's watermarking. Do you have a wet install screen protector on the back? And I heard the grip vue is a pos so I wouldn't recommend that one.

3. ref26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ref26

I have a back protector on but it's just a regular dry-install crystal clear one, not a wet-install rubbery type.

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

no, it's not "watermarking." that's from the TPU material unevenly coming in contact with the rear glass.

OP: you can solve that by using a matte film on the rear glass to keep the TPU case from coming into contact and creating the contact patterns.

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

If you want a good TPU case, get the Incipio NGP from Wal-Mart. its see-thru tpu, but its kind of a smokey color. That's the better option. If you don't like that one then the iSkin Solo will be fine

6. kicko macrumors 65816

I bought one like that for a few bucks. This is exactly why they dont make 100% clear plastic cases. Most have some matte finish or coating to keep the transparent look without the marks.

the problem with mine is that i dont believe there is enough space for the case to fit with a protector on the back.