Clear TPU-type case for 6S Plus with good button action?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by skiltrip, Nov 10, 2015.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I have a Luvvitt Clearview for my 6S Plus. The power button and volume buttons are pretty stiff, squishy. The clicky feedback comes through, but they are definitely not as they should be. My old Luvvitt Clearview for my 6 has fantastic button action.

So I'm looking for something similar, like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, though I'm unsure of button action on that case. I definitely like TPU on the sides and the hard poly on the back. I find it ideal for grip.

Any suggestions?

2. skiltrip, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

I picked up the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear and the button action is definitely a lot better than the Luvvitt Clearview.

The Spigen is slightly thicker around the sides but that also should bring better drop protection. The grip is pretty much identical, as the materials are identical. Definitely an improvement over the Luvvitt, though it is noticeably bulkier. Handling is slightly harder with this case over the Luvvitt due to the increased width. A little bit can make a difference on a phone that's this big to begin with.

I just ordered a Spigen Liquid Crystal to try out the super thin option. I'm pretty careful with my phones, and the better I can handle it, the less chance it has of dropping in the first place.

3. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

Returned the Ultra Hybrid. Too bulky. And honestly the power button action on that was a little weird too. Pushed too easy and had very little feedback.

Got a Spigen Liquid Crystal, and button action is PERFECT. Nice and slim too. I do miss the polycarb back, as the Liquid Crystal is one piece of TPU. But it's a great case. No bulk, lots of grip, clear, and button action is as it should be.