Clear with wireless n router

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rickj, Apr 24, 2010.

1. rickj macrumors newbie

Right now I use my iPad with clear and the clearspot. When I use netflix I get constant stopping and buffering from time to Time.
    Would it improve my streaming to change the router to the cradle point 900 with wireless n?

My router is always a foot or so from me.

Help!

Rick

2. jtara macrumors 65816

It seems unlikely. But you haven't given us much information. Have you tried using the Clear service with a notebook or desktop computer using a wired connection to the WiMax router, or using a USB dongle WiMax device?

Without that information, it's really impossible to tell if the problem is the WiFi signal, the WiMax signal, or Clear's backbone capacity.

N might be helpful in one regard - IF you connect on the 5gHz band (not sure what their device supports) then you will experience less interference from neighbors, Bluetooth, microwave ovens, etc. But at a foot from the router, it's unlikely this is going to make a difference.

The additional speed of N is not going to make a hoot of difference, given the relatively low bandwidth available from Clear.

3. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

It has nothing to do with your router it your intnenet that is making it do that. I have used the netflixx app on b network and have no problems watch a movie.