ClearCam question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slav2009, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Slav2009 macrumors member

I gave ClearCam a try and I gotta say I hate the way it saves the images in the camera roll. When taking a photo in portrait mode, it will save it in landscape, and the only way to view it full screen is to rotate the iphone sideways, but then you're not viewing the picture properly anymore as it's on the side.

Another one is when you take a photo in landscape style, but the phone is "upside down", or at least what ClearCam considers to be upside down, the photo will be saved UPSIDE freakin DOWN in your camera roll and you can't view it properly.

These are HUGE disappointments to me and made me uninstall the app. I was really happy with the QuickShot feature as it took way better, stable photos than the regular Apple cam program, but once I realized I can't view my photos properly I uninstalled it.

Very disappointed that such a basic feature that even the Apple cam comes with wasn't incorporated.

So my question...

Is there a way to have the photos rotate properly using this program?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Wow, I have the opposite results with clear cam.

I have taken well over 1000 pictures with it.

You are correct about the upside down thing, little annoying but keeping the home button on my right picutres came out fine. I also use a program called Photo Rotate, in the apps store. I was lucky and go it as a promo. Great little program that allows the user to rotate and save photos right on the phone.

I tried Snapature as well. Another viable option, IMO.

3. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I tried Snapture but it kept crashing, didn't like it due to that BAH

4. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

You know I guess as long as I keep the button on the right side it might be worth keeping this app.. I mean, I can live with landscape display as I'm probably just gonna download the pics ANYWAY right?

Oh yeah and one more huge upset, maybe you can help me disable this.. but every time I start ClearCam it asks me to turn off Location Services even though I have it disabled and want to keep it that way. ANy way to get this ANNOYING feature to not keep asking me?